PO: HIGH FUNCTIONING FLESH - A UNITY OF MISERIES (SYNTHPUNK/INDUSTRIAL)

So this very good synthpunk duo from Los Angeles is finally debuting their full length. 

A Unity of Miseries, A Misery of Unities

To be released on 3/30 by DKA Records. for $14

350 copies pressed, the presale went up 4 hours ago, and there are only 40 left. Don't sleep on this! 

Here's a link to their Bandcamp, with all of the songs on the demo being on the record.

http://highfunctioningflesh.bandcamp.com/album/demo-tape-2013

And a link to the presale: 

https://dkarecords.bandcamp.com/album/a-unity-of-miseries-a-misery-of-unities

a1953475852_10.jpg

Guest Justin Maheiny

i'd say this sounds like a rejected song from The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste sessions but that would actually be a compliment. I can't imagine this selling out quickly.

I grabbed a copy. I grew up on Wax Trax!, Zoth Ommog etc. I kinda gave up on the "scene" when "future pop" became the hot item but I definitely appreciate bands going back to that old school ebm sound.

That being said, Youth Code was getting a decent amount of press and it took them a while to sell out of the 400 copies of their debut LP on red (the 100 smoke did go in a few hours) so I'd expect this to be around for a bit.

I grabbed a copy. I grew up on Wax Trax!, Zoth Ommog etc. I kinda gave up on the "scene" when "future pop" became the hot item but I definitely appreciate bands going back to that old school ebm sound.

That being said, Youth Code was getting a decent amount of press and it took them a while to sell out of the 400 copies of their debut LP on red (the 100 smoke did go in a few hours) so I'd expect this to be around for a bit.

Yeah, I think they probably only got a portion for their PO in their bandcamp store now that I think about it. Youth Code is tight. Not sure if you live in the LA area, but there is a huge show going on in a couple months called 13 Torches for a Burn

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...