new pelican records

robotnerd

You said it, oakland.

Bring back the sludge, Pelican. Please.

I almost can't bring myself to buy the new record. It's okay, but I don't really see myself spending twenty bucks on something just to sit on a shelf these days.

Although, even though I'm not the color buying stock up type, the records look beautiful and are very tempting.

Get a new drummer, jerks.

quoted in an effort to not be redundant. my sentiments exactly.

funny though, i was looking at my friends cd case and when it lists the band members it says "pelican is and always will be..." i thought that was pretty badass. theyre giving all us naysayers a big "fuck you." i can respect that.

i hate receiving a "new" item and having the sleeve already teared because it's too tight...

This occurs quite often recently...bad religion, against me, pelican, etc....

Am I the only one ???

happens to me more often than not when ordering from hydrahead. for some reason theyre unwilling to take the records out of the sleeves to prevent splits. i hate when labels do that.

I don't think the issue is so much that he's a bad drummer. The argument, I believe, is that Pelican is this very intelligent, artsy, instrumental band. But the drumming is just sort of flat. Take The Turing Machine for instance. The drumming is very dynamic. It's more than just a beat-keeping device. It's a part of what make the music intersting.

All the players in instrumental bands are, forgive the pun, intrumental in the big picture. Without a singer everyone needs to do their part to keep things compelling. In that sense, Pelican's drummer fails.

Of coure you could make the argument that flamboyant drummer takes away from the other aspects of and instrumental group's performance, but I digress.