Replacing stylus help?

I'm new to all this and currently have a hand-me-down from my Dad which is a Dual CS 505-3.
Sounded great for a while but recently started to sound more muffled and quite 'heavy base' on records I know were fine before.

I'm assuming this is the needle that needs replacing? However budget wise it's limiting me and I can't really afford to get it wrong!

Does anyone know a low budget stylus that would work for the Dual CS 505-3? The current one is a Ortofon DN 165E.

I've seen the OM10 (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-Ortofon-Nadel-10-fur-OMB-OM-Super-uva-NEU-/260304084116?pt=Plattenspielerzubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item3c9b551c94) which looks to be within my budget however would this just be a simple swap and replace or would I need a new cartrdige too?

Also seen this http://www.gettheneedle.co.uk/stylus/brands-d/dual/dual-cs505-3-stylus-needle.html but I'm assuming I should avoid it as it seems very cheap.

Any help anyone could give me would be much appreciated, I've searched around and struggling to get a definite answer!

Lots of cartridges use the same body and internals so the only difference is the actual stylus and you can give yourself an upgrade by fitting the best stylus for your cartridge body.

Quite a range of Ortofon carts use the OM10 body so you would have quite a range to choose from but when setting up after the change you need to take account of the tracking force and other settings for the new stylus not the original.

All that said though are you sure your existing stylus doesn't just need a clean?

Lots of cartridges use the same body and internals so the only difference is the actual stylus and you can give yourself an upgrade by fitting the best stylus for your cartridge body.

Quite a range of Ortofon carts use the OM10 body so you would have quite a range to choose from but when setting up after the change you need to take account of the tracking force and other settings for the new stylus not the original.

All that said though are you sure your existing stylus doesn't just need a clean?

Many thanks. You may be right about it just needing a clean, I kind of assumed since it's not been changed since the 80's (granted not played much) it was maybe time for a new one. I'll see if i can buy a stylus cleaning kit and hope it makes the difference first.

Is there anything I should be looking for to see if the needle is damaged?

If I can get away with not replacing it obviously that would be a bonus as I'm looking to get a new decent one in the future.

Cheers for your help.