Pressing info: Reggie and the Full Effect

inutil

i don't know about the pressing info, but here's what he said about breaking up. this is from punknews in july

Looks like the recent breakup of Reggie and the Full Effect didn't take. The sole member, James DeWees explained:

"Hey turkeys sorry for the confusion, Reggie and the Full Effect is not broken up, It's just me. I can't break up with myself. What I meant by the previous quote was that I am done paying people money who have nothing to do with the band. I am writing whatever I want. I am singing whatever I want and doing whatever I want. Its something that a lot of my friends in bands should do as well. People tend to forget that without songwriters there would be no songs and without musicians there would be music. Therefore there would no industry, a bunch of dudes in a room without a product is just a bunch of dudes in a room.

Once again sorry for the confusion but hey what's new coming from me ya know?

So, yeah. "

I think Reggie might be done. The myspace and webpage are both gone, and I haven't heard anything from James in months. He's touring keyboardist for MCR now, after getting kicked out of NFG.

He got kicked out of NFG? I thought he was just a temporary touring keyboardist a couple years ago.

- Jeff

Haha, that's what the public was made to think, yes. He was supposed to do Coming Home with them, but he couldn't get his shit together. So, BOOTED!

Haha, that's what the public was made to think, yes. He was supposed to do Coming Home with them, but he couldn't get his shit together. So, BOOTED!

That sucks. When you say "couldn't get his shit together", what do you mean? Lazy? Alcoholic? Drug addicted? Not up to par musically? I still love that track he did for Catalyst, I was really hoping for more of that with Coming Home and actually heard rumors that he'd be on there.

- Jeff

A, B & C.

One of the most embarassing moments of my life thus far was a few years ago when Reggie was on tour with NFG and Eisley, Vagrant Records' publicist at the time came in town to go to the show and hang out with us. Afterward, I was put in charge of driving the publicist, James and someone else from his band to a local watering hole. We get to my car in the parking garage, all pile in, I plug in the ol' iPod and hit "shuffle."

And the first song that came up was a Get Up Kids song.

If this were one of those letters in a teen-girl mag like Seventeen or YM or something, I'd end it by saying, "I was totally mortified!!!"

One of the most embarassing moments of my life thus far was a few years ago when Reggie was on tour with NFG and Eisley, Vagrant Records' publicist at the time came in town to go to the show and hang out with us. Afterward, I was put in charge of driving the publicist, James and someone else from his band to a local watering hole. We get to my car in the parking garage, all pile in, I plug in the ol' iPod and hit "shuffle."

And the first song that came up was a Get Up Kids song.

haha you've got the best kind of luck.

What did James say?

If this were one of those letters in a teen-girl mag like Seventeen or YM or something, I'd end it by saying, "I was totally mortified!!!"