Got a used Pro-Ject RPM 1.3 Genie with some issues - what should I worry about?

I rolled the dice on a used AS-IS Pro-ject RPM 1.3 Genie, and as expected things seem a little wonky. I've yet to set it up (need a stylus force gauge), but the tonearm lift is definitely broke--the lever raises it but not high enough to bring the tonearm off the platter. I have no clue how to fix it, and I'm still unsure about the condition of the cartridge, but right now I'm more concerned by how both the tonearm rest and the anti-skating weight support arm seem slightly bent. I'm also not really sure if the whole tonearm apparatus is too close/far from the platter.

Q7ZUQzC.jpg

0W7ntqm.jpg

More pictures: http://imgur.com/a/hz5pt

How worried do I need to be about these and any other issues? I'm a little clueless about the RPM 1.3 in general, so any advice about potential problems I need to watch out or about setting it up would be much appreciated.

I would take it to somebody who knows what they're doing to have it looked over, fixed, and set up.

That is definitely my plan -- I just wanted to have some idea beforehand what might be wrong.  I'm not sure if any of my local audio service places have any experience with Pro-ject and thought I'd check around here before taking it in, but it sounds like the only way to know for sure is to have it looked over.

Also I don't see a counter weight... Got one?

I do have one, it's visible in the first pic.  It doesn't seem to be hanging where they usually do on the 1.3 -- not sure if it's an issue. 

I do have one, it's visible in the first pic.  It doesn't seem to be hanging where they usually do on the 1.3 -- not sure if it's an issue.

I don't see a counterweight at all in that pic. I do see an anti-skate weight hanging down, but definitely no counterweight...

rpm13.jpg

The counterweight is pictured here on the tonearm at the opposite end of where the cartridge is. It's directly to the right of the anti-skate weight in this picture, and your turntable will not function without it. Luckily, it's easy to track down a replacement if you don't have it.

Also, I agree with ajxd, that lever that raises the tonearm will be the least of your worries. I owned a pro-ject for well over a year and never even used the lever once.

Eek!  Sorry, I kept confusing the anti-skate weight (I swear I do actually understand the difference).   I have a counterweight, I just haven't tried to attach it yet.  I don't have a gauge for tracking force (the crappy Pro-ject one they include in the box came with it, but it's broken) so I haven't bothered to put it on.