can an android user help me out?

now i know this isnt the right forum for this and i dont know if there has already been a topic for this but i dont wanna go to an android forum and make an account for something that is probably a super simple fix.

basically my tablet is not being recognized as removable storage on my PC. i usually would just use the sd card adapter so i could use the card reader in my system but i seem to have lost it. i want to know how i can do the same thing via usb but i cant even find the tablet in my removable devices.

if this type of thread isnt allowed in here then feel free to delete it and i will head over to an android forum.

its an asus memo pad hd 7 im not sure on the OS as i hardly use android to know where to find that info.

i tried the usb that it came with and another for my wireless headset. i have a third i will try now.

boy do i feel like an idiot. yep that was the problem.

go to settings > general > about device/phone 

I think you tap the android version 10 times to activate developer mode. It might be model number. Just try each one. 

Then go back and you'll have a new option to select from under general called developer options.

Go to developer options and then check usb debugging and you should be good to go.