bullshit shipping

Guest kylewilliam

i am packaging records by6 taking two peices of cardbord and ductaping them together, making sure not to tape the records. cost efficient and it provides protection.

Does anyone on here ship wholesale, large orders?

For large wholesale orders, we do NOT take the records out of the jackets, it seems to do more harm than good. The records themselves are only protected from scratches etc, by a poly bag and dust sleeve. And they are stacked on top of each other.

Typically for orders of 5 or more, we always leave them in the jackets, but put an insane amount of stuffing/packing on all sides of the box, and bubble wrap in stacks of 5 or 10 really tightly.

The weight of the other records stacked on top of each other, in combination with the tightly wrapped and thoroughly taped bundle keep the records from sliding/moving around.

I cross my fingers, but we have never once ever had a complaint on record shipping.

That said, there is always going to be times when the usps throws around packages enough where corners are bent, and sometimes boxes even ripped open, as happened to me today, I had a big ass box of records waiting on the porch with one quarter of the box ripped to the point where I could see the records pretty easily.

Kind of humorous, it had fragile stickers all over it, and luckily they were all in pristine condition.

Shipping sucks, and usps sucks.

I wish ups or Fed ex wasn't so damn expensive.

riddle nailed it. we pay for it and ecpect to get in the condition we paid for it. i know sellers are not responsible for what heppens in the mail, and lets not pretend those assholes give a shit whether or not it has a sticker on it, but they are responsible for how it is packed and the cardboard in the padded envelope may help a little but bottom line is its not enough protection so why use them

I've shipped both 7" and LP's in bubble mailer and they get there in better shape than in a regular record mailer.

I love bubble mailers. I use them when I'm out of regular cardboard mailer.. but the difference is that i always use very sturdy cardboard and the bubble mailer just as a decent "cover" (and extra padding) to be able to ship it. They don't like taped cardboard with a stamp on it usually ;)