bullshit shipping

irecords that i like

for example i bought a comeback kid turn it around on white that i paid $50 for and dude shippied it in a padded envellope and the cover was all fucked up when i got it. $50 isnt alot but you would think it would warrant a box. same thing happened with a first step record release version

i feel your pain. ebay people either dont care or dont know any better. i always cringe when i buy an LP on ebay. its like a crapshoot if your record is going to come in one piece. i try, when possible to ship in an LP mailer. But if im out, i at least use two pieces of cardboard, then wrap with kraft paper. i would never just mail it in a padded mailer.

when dealing with ebay, I have started to send this message in the notes section for paypal, or straight to the seller:

"When packing the record(s) for shipment, could you please remove the record from the picture sleeve, but slide it back into the poly-bag behind the picture sleeve - this will prevent the record moving during transit which causes seam splits on the jacket.

also, if you could reinforce it by adding a very stiff piece or cardboard the same size (or larger) than the record itself to help the corners not get bent by the often careless USPS.

I appreciate you packaging these with care, and if you have any questions, please let me know!"

I have received 3 records since and they have all been packaged really well!

when dealing with ebay, I have started to send this message in the notes section for paypal, or straight to the seller:

"When packing the record(s) for shipment, could you please remove the record from the picture sleeve, but slide it back into the poly-bag behind the picture sleeve - this will prevent the record moving during transit which causes seam splits on the jacket.

also, if you could reinforce it by adding a very stiff piece or cardboard the same size (or larger) than the record itself to help the corners not get bent by the often careless USPS.

I appreciate you packaging these with care, and if you have any questions, please let me know!"

^^^ doing this from now on.

^^^ doing this from now on.

as long as there is cardboard in the mailer to reinforce it as big or bigger than the record itself, whats the difference?

generally a bubbler mailer the right size keeps the record tighter, and keeps it from sliding. most cardboard mailers are just 1/8" too big which makes the record bounce around, thus causing seam splits, etc.

i use cardboard mailers in the distro. and folded bubble mailers with reinforced cardboard on ebay. and i think percentage wise i have had more troubles with cardboard mailers overall.

i think its less a safety issue, and more a stigma that bubble mailers sound bad and are usually frowned upon, and cardboard mailers are the way to go.

you can screw up a record just as easily in a cardboard mailer, and its happened many times.

as long as there is cardboard in the mailer to reinforce it as big or bigger than the record itself, whats the difference?

generally a bubbler mailer the right size keeps the record tighter, and keeps it from sliding. most cardboard mailers are just 1/8" too big which makes the record bounce around, thus causing seam splits, etc.

i use cardboard mailers in the distro. and folded bubble mailers with reinforced cardboard on ebay. and i think percentage wise i have had more troubles with cardboard mailers overall.

i think its less a safety issue, and more a stigma that bubble mailers sound bad and are usually frowned upon, and cardboard mailers are the way to go.

you can screw up a record just as easily in a cardboard mailer, and its happened many times.

this is fine by me.. i mean, what's the difference if it's cardboard on the outside and bubble wrap on the inside vs. vice versa?

but i think what was used was a bubble mailer with NO cardboard to reinforce it. i have received records this way but instead of using nice thick cardboard, they use that thin-ass shit from a priority box, and that almost never works to keep the corners from getting bent.