Speakers for first setup

is there is a specifics speaker which has a sound better suited for my style of music (post-rock/black-metal/drone)?.

I think is question is funny. To me, there are only two types of speakers out there: those that reveal more of the original recording to the listener (or really...ones that reveal the source better), and those that mask and/or change the original recording. The idea that a speaker is "better" at one genre vs another is bogus to me.

1. You've been lied to about JBL.

2. Did you read the stickied thread at the top?

3. Did you use the search function?

All of the above plus really good speakers cost an arm and both legs.

A studio speaker and a home theatre speaker are two completely different things as they are trying to do different jobs, plus in each group you can split speakers up even further because they are doing different jobs inside those environments, eg in a studio a near-field monitor is used for the engineer at the desk because he is working in a fixed spot very close to the speakers but a high dispersal monitor is used elsewhere. In hifi we quite often use studio monitor type speakers but which type depends on your listening environment.

With any speaker design the designer is trying to make them as neutral as possible so that they sound good across the whole audio frequency range but the problem is this costs and all speaker designs are a compromise somewhere. Because of this speakers do sound better or worse with certain types of music to a lesser or greater degree which is because of a deficiency somewhere along the frequency range and not intended, in some cases because of this a speaker will tend to get a reputation as a Marmite sort of speaker where you either love them or hate them depending on what sort of music you run through them e.g. The Pioneer HPM's.

This is more pronounced in older speakers as modern production techniques mean it is easier to make tighter tolerance speaker cones for less money but there's still a whole lot more maths to get right in a speaker design. That said you are running an older amplifier and will probably find it sounds better with older speakers because of the same looser tolerances.

Bottom line go and listen to as many as possible, it's the only way to find what you like. Speakers especially get reputations and you are told they are the dogs dangly bits e.g. The BBC designed LS3/5a which was designed for use in outside broadcast vans as a nearfield monitor has an enormous following, people go absolutely mad for them and for vocals they are particularly sweet sounding but put them in a big room or where people need to move around a lot and they just can't do their job, they have other drawbacks but that's another subject and I still use a pair for nearfield work even with the drawbacks because I like the way they sound.

There is also the case that the average ones are just that and sound average with everything, this sadly describes a lot of speakers.

Of the turntables IMHO if it's in good condition go with the Thorens but get the one you can easily replace the arm on as the standard arm isn't all that (the 160B from memory came with no arm so you could fit what you liked), there are lots of armboards for them on places like ebay and put something like a Rega in it and you will have a nice turntable.