Guidance for a new turntable?

Hello,

Im sure there are 100's of threads to look at, but I thought it would be more direct for me to just drop another one. 

I am currently using what I believe is an old HiFi turntable (the MTT1) with a built in pre amp and a pretty decent speaker system along side it.

I am looking to upgrade to a better turntable and am looking for something preferably with a built in pre amp (unless i could find a good price on a player and a pre amp).

I don't know too much about what to look for realistically so any help would be brilliant.

I am looking spend around 200-250 english pounds on the turntable, so if you could give me any help I would appreciate it a lot. 

Cheers, Kieran

Hello,

Im sure there are 100's of threads to look at, but I thought it would be more direct for me to just drop another one. 

I am currently using what I believe is an old HiFi turntable (the MTT1) with a built in pre amp and a pretty decent speaker system along side it.

I am looking to upgrade to a better turntable and am looking for something preferably with a built in pre amp (unless i could find a good price on a player and a pre amp).

I don't know too much about what to look for realistically so any help would be brilliant.

I am looking spend around 200-250 english pounds on the turntable, so if you could give me any help I would appreciate it a lot. 

Cheers, Kieran

So you have separate speakers and amp but no preamp/phono in?

Pick up a used TT in that range and you'll have something nice, used Pro-ject or Rega can be done on Ebay. What's your local Gumtree like? Might be something there. If you want to go new there are a few options, Pro-Ject Elemental is pretty basic or an Audio Technica AT-LP120 has built in pre. That said built in preamps will always be poor, if you could get a used TT with decent cart for £100-150 and then pick up a good preamp new or used I think then you'd maximise your cash.

What from the Pro-Ject range would you say is best to look at? Theres a fair few Debut's on eBay, which are currently reasonably prices (most likely to raise as the bid goes on, but worth a watch)

Edit:

Theres a Pro-Ject 1.2 for a very fair price? Any information on this product?

It's an old model, but still a good buy if it works perfectly.

Or you can just grab something like this: http://www.analogueseduction.net/pro-ject-turntables/pro-ject-debut-phono-sb-turntable-b-stock-silver.html

Brand new table, comes with a built-in phono stage, so it's pretty much plug-and-play.