Trickfinger - Trickfinger (John Frusciante acid house)

John Frusciante is releasing a new self-titled solo album under the moniker Trickfinger.

Pre-order currently available through Amoeba, but I'm sure it will show up other places as well.

http://www.amoeba.com/trickfinger-lp-trickfinger/albums/3459960/

"I started being serious about following my dream to make electronic music, and to be my own engineer, five years ago. For the 10 years prior to that, I had been playing guitar along with a wide range of different types of programmed synthesizer and sample-based music, emulating what I heard as best as I could. I found that the languages machines forced programmers to think in had caused them to discover a new musical vocabulary...

In 2007, I started to learn how to program all the instruments we associate with acid house music and some other hardware. For about seven months I didn’t record anything. Then I started recording, playing 10 or so synced machines through a small mixer into a CD burner. This was all experimental acid house, my skills at making rock music playing no part in it whatsoever. I had lost interest in traditional songwriting and I was excited about finding new methods for creating music. I’d surround myself with machines, program one and then another and enjoy what was a fascinating process from beginning to end…"

Opening track:

https://soundcloud.com/absurd/trickfinger-after-below

• 2 months later...