Upgrade on the ATLP120

Hey all, I'm looking at upgrading my Audio Technica Lp 120. This will be my first ever upgrade so I need a little guidance. I've recently been checking out reviews on the AT100E and am wondering if anyone has any experience with this stylus and what you think about it. Also, will it work with the stock headshell on the audio technica lp 120. I'm a little new on the process of installing a new needle.

Thanks again.

For the price of the AT100E cartridge, there are much better contenders. I would personally go for an Ortofon 2M Red or Sumiko Pearl. Not that much more money for either.

The headshell is pretty universal. You shouldn't have any issues here.

And just for clarification: The cartridge holds the stylus (needle), but they are two separate parts that only match with each other (some exceptions to this rule). Replacing the entire cartridge is different than replacing just the stylus.

For the price of the AT100E cartridge, there are much better contenders. I would personally go for an Ortofon 2M Red or Sumiko Pearl. Not that much more money for either.

Or a Nagaoka MP100 or MP110

That said if you are using the built in phono stage on the AT120 you probably won't hear the best out of any of them.