low frequency rumble?

I upgraded my turntable around 3 months ago to a Marantz TT15s1 and have since been having some issues with my speaker woofers pumping wildly when using the turntable.   In my mind, I think it could be a turntable isolation problem, an alignment problem, misc mismatched component issues.

Looking to narrow the problem down and maybe get some suggestions on solutions.

Setup:

• Marantz TT15S1
  • stock Clearaudio Virtuoso Ebony Wood Cart
  • Marantz PM8004 integrated (using on board phono preamp)
  • Monitor Audio RX1 speakers
  • BJC Ten White

Some observations/considerations:

• The pumping occurs even at low volume.
  • When using the phono input, I have to raise the volume on my amp much higher than using my DAC (Emotiva XDA-2)
  • I think the turntable is isolated fairly well. Speakers are sitting 2" thick red oak platforms spiked on top of my 'desk' which is basically a workbench made of 2" thick maple top and heavy steel legs.  Turntable sits nearby on a self-made rack with bamboo shelving and a thick maple chopping block platform.
  • Did not have these issues with my previous turntable (Pro-ject Debut Carbon) plugged into identical setup/location.

The motor placement is essential. And I've noticed every time I powered it on, I was slightly moving it. I eventually got a rumble. Test this?

Good call. I will try moving it around a bit and see if that does anything. I tend to grip it when I flip the switch to try to keep it from moving but even that is going to result in a bit of movement.  I wonder if some sort of bracket is in order...

Good call. I will try moving it around a bit and see if that does anything. I tend to grip it when I flip the switch to try to keep it from moving but even that is going to result in a bit of movement. I wonder if some sort of bracket is in order...

The o-ring around the motor is a good idea, but was not executed in an effective way.