Hey everybody,

I'm trying to find a nice affordable turntable that has digital conversion capability, and good sound quality. I currently own a Crosley Executive and I'm pretty unhappy with it right now. I've been looking at the Ion Max LP though, and it seems really cool. I'm not sure if anyone here has any experience or strong opinions about this turntable; some input would be extremely appreciated : ) 

Thank you!

Ps. 

I'm not crazy about the wood finish, but I can totally live with it. If there are any other models (Ion or not) around the same price range that don't have lesser specs than the Max LP please help a brother out point me in that direction.

Hey everybody,

I'm trying to find a nice affordable turntable that has digital conversion capability, and good sound quality. I currently own a Crosley Executive and I'm pretty unhappy with it right now. I've been looking at the Ion Max LP though, and it seems really cool. I'm not sure if anyone here has any experience or strong opinions about this turntable; some input would be extremely appreciated : ) 

Thank you!

Ps. 

I'm not crazy about the wood finish, but I can totally live with it. If there are any other models (Ion or not) around the same price range that don't have lesser specs than the Max LP please help a brother out point me in that direction.

But failing that in simple terms with turntables the words from that link YeAhX was pointing you at are:

Stay away from Crosley

Stay away from Ion

Stay away from Stanton

Stay away from Audio Technica (at least the LP60 model)

Stay away from anything that looks like a Crosley, Ion, Stanton, Numark, AT LP60 or a combination of any of the above. A “USB” in the name is usually also a big giveaway, though Pro-Ject does make such a model, for some reason.

There is also Pyle and Numark plus Denon and Pioneer make tables that are AT60's with different badges and their are probably more.

All these are all the worst sort of cheap record wrecking plastic rubbish and Crosley, Ion and Pyle do not make a turntable that is worth going near under any circumstance whatsoever.

If you want to digitise vinyl get a proper turntable and a decent phono stage or normal hifi amplifier or receiver and use the tape out from the amp or line out from the phono stage into the line in on your computer, then you dictate the quality and your DAC limitations are the ones in your computers Soundcard.

There are turntables with USB in that are perfectly good but the limitation here is the USB DAC in them which is pretty poor but if this is the simplest route for you then an AT120 or similar would be the minimum.