new, FREE App to manage your Vinyl Collection!

How do I make it list records by the artist, not the title? Every time I scan a barcode in, it organizes everything by title only, which is confusing. Also, is there a way to edit the name of collections I've created? I can't seem to figure that out.

Hi Scott,

I imagine title is by default because the barcode api it links to pulls the entire artist and title as a string, rather than separated. I'll look into this.

Editing the name of a collection is potentially an oversight by me! (embarrassing, i know). However, i'll add that as a to-do on the next update. Apologies if this causes you too much frustration!

Look-wise I like this app. The gradient and style are really well done. There's a few things that might need to be tweaked and ideas on how to do so. I'm don't do coding so I'm not sure how much of this is do-able. 

If the person has a collection set up, what if it changed already preset description fields? As in you click "Add to Vinyl Collection" and it'll bring up a screen that has Artist, Color, Pressing that you fill in. Then you just click save. This'll make it easier to add information instead of having to go to each record and clicking the "+" for each new field. The other collections (DVDs + CDs) could have their own preset fields as well.

Also, there's a lot of space when clicked on a record where the "Description Fields" are. You can scroll down on the area even without information added. I'm sure this is just a default setting so there's enough room for more fields to be entered. Maybe make it so it only adds space when more fields are added? 

Look-wise I like this app. The gradient and style are really well done. There's a few things that might need to be tweaked and ideas on how to do so. I'm don't do coding so I'm not sure how much of this is do-able. 

If the person has a collection set up, what if it changed already preset description fields? As in you click "Add to Vinyl Collection" and it'll bring up a screen that has Artist, Color, Pressing that you fill in. Then you just click save. This'll make it easier to add information instead of having to go to each record and clicking the "+" for each new field. The other collections (DVDs + CDs) could have their own preset fields as well.

Also, there's a lot of space when clicked on a record where the "Description Fields" are. You can scroll down on the area even without information added. I'm sure this is just a default setting so there's enough room for more fields to be entered. Maybe make it so it only adds space when more fields are added? 

Hi Andy, thanks for the feedback.

Your first comment regarding preset description fields, whilst a little complicated from a programming perspective is far from impossible and actually quite useful. Again, i'll look into this for the next update!

For your second point, yes, I think that's a preset percentage increase on the overall height of the device. That could be dynamically built instead!

Thanks again.