Hurricane season starts June 1st!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i fucking HATE the media!!! i just went to get some beer and gas and most of the cheap gas stations (sams club, walmart, BJs...) have at least 10-15 cars waiting at each jump. superwalmart, publix, walgreens are all packed all because the media is hyping this shit storm.

i guess i was smart cause i went to the "expensive" gas station and paid 10 cents more per gallon but was in and out of there in 5 mins.

people are losing their shit!

A friend who lives in St. Augustine called me a bit ago and told that shit is crazy up there...raining like crazy and windy as hell.

Yeah, I thought we avoided this shit. It's not extremely bad here like in 04, but you never fucking know when a tree is going to come down. On the way home, my wife saw a tree fall on somebody's house and car.

Damn! Even though we didn't get it as bad as you folks further north, I am surprised that we haven't gotten any flood-related claims at work. I've seen less severe storm roll through and we get a ton of flooded engines or interior claims reported.

Damn, lost Internet connection--have to use phone.

Do you work for an insurance company? If so you will probably be busy tomorrow.

mrc, how are you doing up there in Jax? We are getting some decent winds down here. By far the worst it has been. A shit ton of rain as well. My pool is overflowing and my fireplace is leaking.

Pretty good, my work got called off and it really didnt start getting windy and rainy untill 2pm. its been raining nonstop since and the wind has picked up to around 50mph or so but nothing too bad. both St. Aug and Daytona are getting hammered because this storm is moving so slow.

I bet my work will be flooded tomorrow. its in a really low part of town that floods in normal rain storms. Downtown and the beaches have the worst drainage, standing water everywhere

Its actually a little stronger than i thought it would be... The next heavy bands are about to come through so i hope my power stays on.

Do you work for an insurance company? If so you will probably be busy tomorrow.

Yes I do. I am sure my co-workers in all the nothern offices will be busy as hell after tomorrow like you said. But if it's bad enough, they have Catastrophe Team that handles any hurricane/storm claims. They're reps from all over the country that fly out for things like that.

I leave for NO tomorrow but since it looks like they're going to start mandatory evacuation, they'll begin contraflow on Saturday. If that happens, I won't even be able to get into the city so I'll be stuck in Charlotte. So frustrating, especially since I have a house now with my belongings in it opposed to Katrina when all my shit was in a dorm room and locked up.

I leave for NO tomorrow but since it looks like they're going to start mandatory evacuation, they'll begin contraflow on Saturday. If that happens, I won't even be able to get into the city so I'll be stuck in Charlotte. So frustrating, especially since I have a house now with my belongings in it opposed to Katrina when all my shit was in a dorm room and locked up.

Hope that storm shits out and falls apart. leave NO alone, thats the last thing you guys need. Good luck to you.

I hope everything end up alright for you man! My sister-in-law lives down there now, and this is first big hurricane to come through since she moved, so we are a bit worried about her there...