Help with upgrade options

I have had my AT-LP120 for almost a year now. It has been great but I am ready to upgrade to better sound. So I'm wondering if I should:

A) Keep the LP-120- remove the preamp, install a new cartridge (2M Red or AT 440MLA) and replace the slip mat.

or

B) Sell the LP-120 and buy a used Technics 1200 and start over

Any opinions?

Thanks,

Phil

C) save up a tiny bit more, sell the LP120, buy a used Rega RP3.

This is the option I'm currently debating. Too bad my job keeps screwing up my checks, making it hard to plan for.

Where is the best place to start looking for a used RP3? Ebay? And how does the RP1 compare to the RP3?

Ebay, or one of the hifi classifieds. And a used RP3/Planer 3 every time

The arm and platter on the RP3 are better than that on the RP1 so I would always take a used RP3 over a new RP1.

I've answered this question that many times I think I'm going to put the answer and the long list of Rega upgrades in my signature

I've answered this question that many times I think I'm going to put the answer and the long list of Rega upgrades in my signature

I'm thankful you have answered those questions for me before, but that's still funny. Allen, the resident Rega expert who does not use a Rega as his main table.

I'm thankful you have answered those questions for me before, but that's still funny. Allen, the resident Rega expert who does not use a Rega as his main table.

Been there, done that, moved on to bigger, better and bouncier things. I'm old people and Rega have been making turntables and turntable parts nearly as long as I've been on the planet.

I'm sure I've still got an RB300 around here somewhere though.