Help with Pro-ject Carbon Debut Phono, speaker issue

Hello team, sorry if I've created this in the wrong sub forum.

I just bought a Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Phono/USB turnable, set everything up and started playing a record. Everything was going well until I could hear my right speaker sort of distorting and then eventually going silent, so now only the left speaker was playing music (this started happening during the first song).

The speaker I'm using are Logitech Z-5500 and was working fine with my previous turntable which wasn't any sort of popular brand, but still worked.

I've gone through a process of elimination;

Checked all cabling from the speaker itself and from the back of the amp/sub.

Tested different audio cables, ones from the Pro-Ject box and a separate Belkin pair of cables I bought today.

I even tested my old turntable, played a couple of songs and didn't notice any sort of distortion.

I was wondering if anyone else had come across this issue before.

Thanks for reading and your help would be most appreciated.

You need to be a bit more methodical in your checking to try and see where the problem actually lies.

My instinct though reading your post is that there is a problem with the output from the Project because you say

I even tested my old turntable, played a couple of songs and didn't notice any sort of distortion.

As to what's wrong it could be anything from the needle, cartridge all the way through the amp inside to the connections on the outside but you need to prove that it is actually the Project that's at fault. One thing I can say with certainty though is if it plays through one side fine it's not a signal level or compatibility issue but a proper fault of some kind.