Help finding new integrated amp or receiver.

Hey all,

I have been researching, for the past two weeks, different receivers and integrated amplifiers. My first question is, would you stay away from receivers all together vs an integrated amp? I need to buy some source of input/output for my record player and speakers, as I am new to the vinyl community. What do yall reccomend? My price range is hopfully under $200, but just shoot me something within that ball park.

Thanks so much.

There will be some good suggestions in the beginners thread (that's partly what it's for) but you would be better off doing some upfront research and narrowing it down a bit so that you come back with a couple of examples to ask opinions off rather than a blanket I haven't a clue so just tell me what to spend my money on question

Also you need to aim the rest of the system at the level of your record player or speakers if you have them so knowing what equipment you already have would help

Also you need to aim the rest of the system at the level of your record player or speakers if you have them so knowing what equipment you already have would help

I will be using Polk Audio RTi A1 Bookshelf Speakers. My record player is an Audio Technica AT-LP60. I read through the beginners thread yesterday, before I made this post, but I didn't really find anything too useful. I may reread it again. Some of the receivers I was looking at were the Onkyo TX-8020 Stereo Receiver or the Sherwood RX 5502. Something around that. Originally I was looking at the Onkyo TX-8050, but that was a bit more than I was looking to spend. I found the Yamaha R-S300 for 20-30$ less, but still, a bit too high. That being said, if you recommend me an amazing 300$ speaker that you swear to always use or some receiver that is on sale for 300$ that is great, I dont mind spending that money. I would just prefer to be closer to 200$.

Honestly, that's a very unfortunate price bracket. You can get some really solid gear on the second hand market, but it's a bit too low to get a new unit that's really worth it. Do stay away from receivers though, it's the first thing to do if you want to spend your money wisely.

I did just find this though, it's a pretty great deal: Musical Fidelity - V90-AMP for $140

add a $50 phono stage and you're set. It won't go extremely loud, but it'll sound good.

Honestly, that's a very unfortunate price bracket. You can get some really solid gear on the second hand market, but it's a bit too low to get a new unit that's really worth it. Do stay away from receivers though, it's the first thing to do if you want to spend your money wisely.

I did just find this though, it's a pretty great deal: Musical Fidelity - V90-AMP for $140

add a $50 phono stage and you're set. It won't go extremely loud, but it'll sound good.

for the money, I would try:

https://emotiva.com/products/amplifiers/mini-x-100

Of the two I'd go for the Emotiva if you can get one, the MF will sound very sweet but is really intended as an amp to amplify a digital source like a computer that you are going to be close to, don't expect it to fill more than a small room with sound.

I would say your money would be better spent on used equipment although it would mean a lot more research

To all I think MF are trying to offload the V90 range completely as there are discounts everywhere for it but it's getting hard to find. The Phono stage and the dedicated Dac are that stand outs if you can find them and the Phono stage really does take some beating at 3 or 4 times it's current price