4th press of nofx's maximum rockandroll ?

I can't say whether or not the deals are good or bad, it all depends. I know how many CD's are being sold these days and I can tell you that there is no mad income being made on them. You'd be surprised at how long it takes to go thru 1000 CDs these days, especially now since they are on a huge decline. And the agreements didn't specify vinyl only. And again if these band members who are on the CDs would get in touch, he'd be giving them copies of the stuff per their original agreements.

I can tell you though having spoken to a lot of bands who were on the label back in the old days that back then it wasn't like there was all kinds of labels beating down their doors wanting to release records, if it wasn't for Mystic, many of those bands never would have released anything ever.

As for the MRR, I'll have to look at what I have, but I recall getting black vinyl ones many years apart and I think they mostly looked the same except for perhaps a different catalog inside.

Regarding the inner sleeves, back then they would often run the 7"s in batches of 300-500 at a time when they would run out, so in essence there could be more than a few physical pressings of the vinyl. They would xerox those sleeves as needed so the insides, etc could change any time they needed more sleeves. NO ONE kept track of such things and you'd be best to only count major variations such as printed vs xerox sleeve or any outer artwork changes and color vinyl as distinctive pressings or variations. the rest is just too random to be considered.

And one more thing regarding the label, he was dumping nearly all the money coming in back into releasing more records. For every band like a Dr. Know that would sell a couple thousand records, there was more than a dozen bands who never sold more than a couple hundred 7"s tops and didn't even recoup the money that went into the recording and pressing of the record. Back then the best selling mystic record was like 5000 copies, which is a far cry from the numbers being sold by bands like black flag who back then were selling twice that per year of each of their releases. So it wasn't like three was truckfulls of cash pouring into the mystic studios every week.

Oh yeah, I never realized "the album" had less tracks than "MRR"! All these years I thought it was just the same LP with different cover art!!!!!

Faith knows her some NOFX.

Hey MXV, thanks for all of the info. I've chatted with Doug a few times and he speaks very highly of you. Thanks for being instrumental in getting some of this stuff back on the streets.

Regarding the inner sleeves, back then they would often run the 7"s in batches of 300-500 at a time when they would run out, so in essence there could be more than a few physical pressings of the vinyl. They would xerox those sleeves as needed so the insides, etc could change any time they needed more sleeves. NO ONE kept track of such things and you'd be best to only count major variations such as printed vs xerox sleeve or any outer artwork changes and color vinyl as distinctive pressings or variations. the rest is just too random to be considered.

uuuuh! this is a good info. si we better get as many variations as possible. or just one per color/press. thanks for all this info, man. i have some othre question for you, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...