Gram Amp 2 Communicator with Wireless

Hi,

Please tell me if I am barmy! I am trying to figure out a way of setting up my turntable (with limited space in my lounge and a girlfriend with a keen interest in aesthetics = no wires) to not be too close to my amp and speakers to avoid acoustic feedback. At the moment, the turntable is sat on top of the amp and in-between the speakers. This is the worst possible setup for acoustic feedback.

I have an old vintage Marantz Model 6300 turntable with Audio-Technica AT440MLb cartridge. I also have a Marantz PM7200 Amp and B&W DM602 speakers.

I am thinking of moving the turntable to the other side of the living room, buying the Gram Amp 2 Communicator and connecting the turntable to it. Then somehow connecting the Gram Amp 2 to my Marantz PM7200 via a wireless, bluetooth or radio transmitter.

Is this possible in your experience or even a good idea? Will I be digitising the richness of my analogue turntable and spoiling the sound?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks
Cain

Thank you both.

I have a few thousand vinyl so won't be going digital any time soon. I have a study which is where I listen to most of my music so the living room is a secondary consideration.

But thanks for the response. I definitely won't be going wireless. Looking at some alternative options in the form of a freestanding turntable stand close to where the amp is so I can still connect the phono cables and ground to the amp.

Thanks
Cain

• 1 month later...

I don't think there's anything weak in your system. But I don't miss my AT-440mla cart; I like the Denon DL-110/160 and Nagaoka MP-200 quite a bit more since they were smoother and more neutral in sound, but that's just based on my experience with my components. My AT cart was prone to hum and really wasn't as great a tracker as it was made out to be.

Can you not make or buy a simple stand that sits over the amp to put you turntable on? It would lift it away and isolate it from the amp and you could hide the wires behind it.

The speakers though you need to find a way of hiding the wires and get the speakers into a proper position to get the best out of them so in the walls, under the floor or behind the skirting boards it is, you can get mini trunking that you can run along the floor where it meets the skirting board that is very effective of fit it as if it were a picture rail along the wall.