Sprint SERO Plan

In the iPhone thread I mentioned that I have a ridiculously awesome and cheap cellphone plan through Sprint that will keep me from ever switching.

Well, I found out how you can get the same deal for just a little more.

Check this out:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/680568/

All of the details are there, so I don't have to do any explaining, but here's the breakdown:

"Sprint Sero offers Unlimited Text Messaging, Unlimited Nights & Weekends starting at 7pm, Domestic long distance, Unlimited Mobile to Mobile, Unlimited Web/Data Access, and Unlimited Picture Mail. Now, I know that there is no such thing as unlimited web access, and there must some sort of limit on bandwidth, but the majority of the users will be nowhere near maxing their bandwidth. You can get all this for $30 for a 500 minutes plan, and after taxes, you pay about $34.XX per month."

I don't know how a lot of you are when it comes to being an uber geek w/ your phone, but I do a ton of websurfing on mine and more text messaging that any human should ever txt.

The only down fall of this plan is the lack of minutes. You can always add some on at a decent rate, but c'mon, most of us are men here we don't actually talk on phones.

I figured I'd point this out, because if you're paying more than $50 for a cellphone bill you're silly.

This means that Sprint is going out of business.

So they've been going out of business for a few years?

There's no way they're going down, they're a dominant force.

They've been slowly going down the shitter for a few years. I used to work for them. They almost got bought out by T-Mobile. The only reason that didn't happen is because Sprint is a CDMA network, and T-Mobile is GSM. Its true that they have a shit ton of subscribers, but their stock is so low. And offering a plan such as this for 30 bucks is stupidly cheap. A local cell phone company offered unlimited EVERYTHING for 50 bucks, because they got bought out by Verizon. It wouldn't surprise me at all if an announcement like that was made about Sprint in the not-so-distant future. The only other thing it can be is they are trying to get more new subscribers to fix the clusterfuck of Nextel.

So they've been going out of business for a few years?

There's no way they're going down, they're a dominant force.

They've been slowly going down the shitter for a few years. I used to work for them. They almost got bought out by T-Mobile. The only reason that didn't happen is because Sprint is a CDMA network, and T-Mobile is GSM. Its true that they have a shit ton of subscribers, but their stock is so low. And offering a plan such as this for 30 bucks is stupidly cheap. A local cell phone company offered unlimited EVERYTHING for 50 bucks, because they got bought out by Verizon. It wouldn't surprise me at all if an announcement like that was made about Sprint in the not-so-distant future. The only other thing it can be is they are trying to get more new subscribers to fix the clusterfuck of Nextel.

Well this plan isn't really advertised, it's kind of a hidden thing that people find out about and Sprint doesn't really care.

Cell phone packages are too expensive in the US, $30 is fine for Sprint I'm sure.