I personally wasn't trying to give anyone shit. 

But I agree it is a must hear album.

If you don't like instrumentals though , it's not for you.  Although that's kinda strange to me, what if someone said "I don't like music with vocals" it's just too broad of a statement in my opinion. 

4 hours ago, Reshiram454 said:

Honestly though, you can't give someone shit for not knowing Endtroducing, given how the only people I know who know that album are producers, DJs, or huge music fans in general. I didn't really know who he was till long after I got into Portishead and wanted to find something similar, and I had been a huge Golden Era hip-hop fan for a while at that point. DJ Shadow isn't commercial and like one of you said, he fell off for a long time, his debut is definitely an iconic album, but he's not a staple in must-here hip-hop classics. Give dude a break.

I agree. Pretty much the only people I have encountered who know DJ Shadow (and have heard of / listened to Endtroducing) are hardcore music fans and enthusiasts. Yes, it is a 'must-hear' but it's hard to realise that it's a must hear, and to even discover it in the first place, when it isn't THAT well known in the general population (and it really isn't IMHO).  Also, I think anyone who is big into music can say that at some point in their life they have had a moment where they've had to hold up their hands and say 'wow, how the hell did I miss / not know about this album before now?!?!'.

Only my 2 cents worth... Peace to everyone :)