setting up all my vinyl

so i'm beginning to set up and order all my records right now. i will likely come by some "discoveries" i could know nothing about: so i will ask for help, suggestions, opinons and whatnot. any help will be much appreciated, dudes. here's the first.

i have to copies of ribbed (nofx): i've just reliazed one record is kinda heavier than the other one. my scales, that's quite old and could be a bit badly calibrated, say the heavier one is 160 grams. i dunno if it's 180 grams but my scales doesn't recognize it. anyway, any ideas?

edit: any ideas other than getting a new balance ;)

If you're really curious, you could borrow a balance from a friend. Like, a nerdy friend into cooking who (like me) actually bought a digital scale. I have used it for my records and 160g is about what a heavy, but not an advertised 180g record, feels like.

Or if you have any friends that are drug dealers. You could borrow their triple beam. ;) Triple Beam Dreams

Guest afsdan

I was gonna say, sounds like yer buddies like to sell weed.

there can be variations in weight within the same pressing. vinyl production is not an exact science.