Clutch Vinyl News

GREAT news!

I just got the following news from David Read at Vinyl Record Guru:

"Vinyl Record Guru handled the pressing of these records for Megaforce Records. We actually pressed 3 Clutch LPs, details are:

Clutch "Pitchfork & Lost Needles" = 1000 copies pressed, all on RED & BLACK 50/50 colored vinyl

Clutch "Jam Room" = 1000 LPs on colored vinyl in 2 color schemes as follows:

#1) - 500 LPs with TRANSLUCENT ORANGE and CLEAR A-Side B-Side

#2) - 500 LPs with BLACK and TRANSLUCENT ORANGE A-Side B-Side

Clutch "Live at the Googolplex" = 1000 LPs on colored vinyl in 2 color schemes as follows:

#1) - 500 LPs with BLACK splatter in TRANSLUCENT ORANGE vinyl and

#2) - 500 LPs with BLACK and TRANSLUCENT ORANGE splatter in clear vinyl"

No release date was given but hopefully soon as hell.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not being nit picky or whatever, coz any CLUTCH vinyl is the goddamn shit, but i wonder if the Jam Room will have the extra tracks that some of the CD issues have?

dont really care either way, as long as we can get these bad boys!

one of every variant please, misseur megaforce!!!!

ahh cool. i was thinking that was maybe what went on.

yeah, as gristlejaw has done up on his very extensive Clutch vinyl discography webpage, very little of Clutch's material is available on wax, so these 3 records to come up at once is just fucking amazing.

now, we just gotta get onto:

warner - transnational and s/t

columbia - elephant riders

atlantic - pure rock fury

DRT- blast tyrant, robot hive and beale st

to press these bastards...

the only one of those that is a repress is Jam Room.

Pitchfork is a reissue of sorts. perhaps that's what they meant. judging from that site and also the inability of their store's checkout to accept a credit card with an expiration date later than 2009, i'm not surprised they fucked that info up.

here's the Jam Room info i know/pieced together. Emetic got the go ahead a long time ago to do both Slow Hole LP and a Jam Room LP. Jam room had a release date and was to be released on colored vinyl (and black..i think...like slow hole was) and a Emetic was about to take pre-orders...the day before pre-orders were to start the project was scrapped. Clutch had signed to do stuff w/ Megaforce including 'exclusive rights' for the re-release of Jam Room CD (w/extra tracks) and Pitchfork CD (with extra tracks...a.k.a. ...and Needles) so they put the kaibash on Emetic's Jam Room vinyl for 7 years. I'm not sure how far Emetic got with the Jam Room LP before it was shut down, but i do know they did get through mastering/plating and had test presses done. I also infer through the couple of e-mails i had w/ Emetic that he might be sitting on the actual vinyl as well (though no stray copies have ever turned up).

What is interesting..at least what from that crap-ass MF website suggests is that their Jam Room will be the 15-track version. So if Emetic ever does release their version it would be mastered differently and only be 13 tracks.

P&N was never pressed on vinyl before.

Pitchfork was on the 7" and a Tour 12" (w/2 other tracks). Inner Journey who pressed it said they had a standing spoken agreement that they could do a picture disc version of that old 7" one day (i guess this news makes it a litle less likely they'd do it now).