Vinyl Collective Podcast Episode 2 / Contest

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

Justin and Andy are back and this time, they mean business. Well, not really, but they bring us another rad podast. This time, we have a contest where one lucky listener can win a $50 gift certificate to Vinyl Collective. Justin explains the rules on the podcast. The rules are simple: identify all of the artists Justin and Andy played as background music while talking. Email Justin those artists and the first person to correctly identify all of the bands/artists will be our winner!

This time around, Justin and Andy bring us tracks from Sweet Cobra, Russian Circles, In the Red, Man Man, and Propagandhi. They talk about some of the current goings on at VC, the fact that the Propagandhi "Potemkin City Limits" vinyl is getting close to being out of print, a new signing at Suburban Home, and hanging out with the Ninja Gun guys.

Another great podcast and I thought some of you might want to see what mr Justin looks like. He didn't get the memo the other day that it wasn't Halloween and decided to dress up like Rambo.

You can download the episode in mp3 format at the following link:

Episode 2

http://www.vinylcollective.solidcasts.com/xml/download/1442/audio/3387/vc2.mp3

and you can subscribe through Itunes at this link

Subscribe to the Podcast through Itunes

http://vinylcollective.solidcasts.com/xml/podcast/1438

or just copy and paste http://vinylcollective.solidcasts.com/xml/podcast/1438 into Itunes by pulling down "Advanced" and selecting "Subscribe to Podast".

Guest Admin
Definitely already entered! Thank god for iTunes podcast subscriptions and insomnia.

scott, tell me about it. My son ended up sleeping with us tonight and after a few kicks from him, I just could not sleep. I can at least catch up on work and maybe take a "nap" at 4 am.

Definitely already entered! Thank god for iTunes podcast subscriptions and insomnia.

scott, tell me about it. My son ended up sleeping with us tonight and after a few kicks from him, I just could not sleep. I can at least catch up on work and maybe take a "nap" at 4 am.

Have you tried kicking him back? Always works on the babies that bother me.

Guest Admin

Have you tried kicking him back? Always works on the babies that bother me.

I will see how that works next time. thanks for the suggestion.

Guest Admin

I will see how that works next time. thanks for the suggestion.

Any time, buddy! Now tell Justin to give me that $50 gift certificate, I got recordz to buy! :)

well unlike us, he is probably asleep. I am sure he will be in touch tomorrow/today)\

Guest Admin
in the red and mike hale (new solo album?), on suburban home. nice!

the in the red isn't a for sure thing, but mike hale is for sure. I am so stoked. I will be making a formal announcement today!

Guest Admin
uh oh, poaching from asian man? i smell a turf war!

mike hale and mike park spoke about it before hand and I spoke to mike, too. I love mike park too much not to have. I just hope that we can do as good of a job as Asian Man. I think Mike Hale will be a great addition to our family.

Guest Admin
Did someone win this contest yet?

Scott Heisel is the big winner. He answered all of the songs correctly right away, but we wanted to give others the chance to participate. Congrats Scott!