Wanted: Discount Records

jon720

there was just a huge lot of discount records that ended on ebay a week ago. i was going to post something about it but didnt want to blow up someone's spot. i always hate when people post things i am bidding on.

Edit: what other 7"s do you need? I have a buddy that told me he found a bunch of records at his parents house and mentioned he had some discount records. Im pretty sure he will be getting rid of all em because he doesnt even have a record player.

Love Billy was also pressed on one side of a 12 inch split with J Church on Rugger Bugger Records. 500 were pressed. (not to be confused with the 7 inch split)

oh i thought that the j church split lp never came out (i guess that was just the cd version)

yeah it came out. I own a copy. I didn't know there is or was supposed to be a cd version as well.

oh i thought that the j church split lp never came out (i guess that was just the cd version)

yeah it came out. I own a copy. I didn't know there is or was supposed to be a cd version as well.

ah nevermind i got confused with the j church half of the record

" This album was originally supposed to come out on Fuelled By Ramen Records in 1998. J Church were scheduled to release a 7"/CD EP of Electric Light Orchestra covers, Discount a 7"/CD EP of Billy Bragg covers, then the two would be combined on a split album. There's a reference to the EPs (marked 'coming soon') in the Mailorder Is Fun compilation CD booklet. Discount released their EP and the J Church tracks were recorded but unfortunately (presumably due to Lance's illness) both their EP and the split album never happened."

ah nevermind i got confused with the j church half of the record

" This album was originally supposed to come out on Fuelled By Ramen Records in 1998. J Church were scheduled to release a 7"/CD EP of Electric Light Orchestra covers, Discount a 7"/CD EP of Billy Bragg covers, then the two would be combined on a split album. There's a reference to the EPs (marked 'coming soon') in the Mailorder Is Fun compilation CD booklet. Discount released their EP and the J Church tracks were recorded but unfortunately (presumably due to Lance's illness) both their EP and the split album never happened."

The split 12 inch did happen. I own it. It has the Discount "love billy" ep on one side and the J Church electric light ochrestra covers on the other side.