Screeching Weasel vinyl question (HICKEY?)

How can you tell the boot from the OG?

The boot has the same artwork (black and white picture on white background with Screeching Weasel written in red), but the jacket is actually flimsy cardboard as opposed to two pieces of silkscreened cloth. A lot of people try to pass off the boot as the real deal. Also, on the labels of the record the OG release says Selfless Records in the black space on the A-Side label. On the boot, that black space is empty.

I'm pretty sure mine is a boot of the tour version, then. My sister totally has a weird version that's the black & white cover (where the picture takes up the entire cover), but is on white vinyl instead of black. Huh.

The one your sister has is the first press. They did 1700 (1400 on black, 300 on white). The first press has the close-up black and white photo with Screeching Weasel written across the top in black. It took me forever to track down a white first press for a reasonable price...thanks to benchwarmer for that.

back in the prehistoric www days when i was doing a weasel fan site, http://web.archive.org/web/20050307055026/http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dalporto/weasel.html

and being music director at the college radio station...

i had replaced the beat up 1st press boogada lp at the station (jacket was trashed, but vinyl was ok, i doubt anyone had ever played it) w/ the cd and snaked it, then a girl hit me up through the site to trade that for the 1st press ramones on white. i ended up selling that later for 100 bucks and picked up the silkscreened tour version i have now.

i used to have a lot of the pressings and at least one of all that series, but i finally parted w/ all of them last year or so, and just kept the weasel.

i used to order a lot from selfless/clearview/skullduggery back in those days. wow, memories...

hey hickey. there is a copy of There's a Fungus Among Us 7" on ebay with a green cover. I have one with a purple cover. how many editions/covers are there? do different covers represent different pressings?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150265650489&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

just curious, thanks for the help.

PS - this seller is crazy with that reserve. I think there is still a copy at reckless for like $19 or $22. i dont remember.