PO: THE FAINT "Fasciinatiion" dbl LP

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

THE FAINT "Fasciinatiion" dbl LP

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/wav-001lp

So the new Faint album, "Fasciinatiion" is being released on the band's newly formed label, Blank Wave Records. We are expecting copies around the 3rd week of August. I have not heard anything from the new album, but I really love "Wet From Birth" and "Blank Wave Arcade". Both are classics in my book. I do find it interesting that the Faint are doing an album on their own album and Conor is doing an album on Merge. What's up Cursive?

Did they have a falling out with Saddle Creek or something? Also why did Conor go with Merge instead of Team Love? Speaking of Cursive, I saw Tim Kasher at the Joan Of Arc show here, but didn't wanna bug him about the new album, although they have been out here recording it for some time now...

Team Love is essentially just Saddle Creek, except they're the bands that Conor picks. I guess he wanted some legit separation. Not at all sure why the Faint would start their own label, though...

I wouldn't count on Cursive releasing something on another label, though. Matt's worked for the label from the very beginning!