No Idea re-releasing Lifetime s/t LP?

mclz

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isnt it easy to adopt the practice of "dont like it? dont buy it"

lots of people missed out on this from the initial on-sale because of fueled by ramen's webstore so id hardly think of this being a travesty that no idea is going to re-release it.

And personally I'll do my best to never give Petey Douche my money.

No Idea is by far the best! You people need to quit your bitching. They re-press because people re-buy and that's all their right. They sell a lot of records and do well. Be happy because if they weren't around we wouldn't have nearly as much good music.

I have no issue with the record being repressed. I think that's great. It's a great record. I also like that Fueled by Ramen isn't doing it. But the collector in me doesn't like the way No Idea does so many multiple colors for the same pressing. Most of which you can't even tell apart.

No Idea is by far the best! You people need to quit your bitching. They re-press because people re-buy and that's all their right. They sell a lot of records and do well. Be happy because if they weren't around we wouldn't have nearly as much good music.

I have no issue with the record being repressed. I think that's great. It's a great record. I also like that Fueled by Ramen isn't doing it. But the collector in me doesn't like the way No Idea does so many multiple colors for the same pressing. Most of which you can't even tell apart.

okay, well that bit is annoying. I'm not a fan of my purple having grey/white/blue streaks.

and the rarest stuff is only sold to people on special lists

they should just repress every rare record ever.

sure, why not? put music in the hands of people who want it for a reasonable price and curb the re-sellers on ebay who look to make a fortune on out of print records.

i put out records for the american working man because thats who i am and thats who i care about.

[image]

No Idea honestly, by far, is the worst when it comes to colored vinyl. I think the reason they always have the ugliest shit vinyl is because they get it for free. I know United dumps all the left over colors together after a certain pressing and sells that stuff for cheap just to get rid off it. So I think it's all from the same batch and same pressing but if one has some purple in it than No Idea and it's collectors make a big stink about how there was only 35 and 1/2 with purple splatter or some bullshit when in actuallity the rest of the press looks exactly the same just insted of purple in it, it might have orange or red or whatever. Not really very collectible to me in any way what so ever. Most importantly the vinyl is always ugly, ALWAYS.

And just a quick note, I know that Vinny from LTJ did the vinyl for the new Lifetime and duhh, LTJ released so stuff on no idea so I'm sure they worked up some deal that didn't cost no idea too much money to get the license to press the new Lifetime lp. Just a thought.