Think Twice Before Booking this Band

So this happened a little while ago (July 6), but I swear that I thought I actually posted this when it happened. But, I'm an idiot sometimes.

Anyway, so, i book a decent amount of shows in Atlanta. I was setting Rational Anthem from Sarasota, FL at 141 Moreland (a house that did killer shows around here), and the dude that lives there asked me if PS Eliot from Birmingham could jump on the show, since they asked him about kicking off their tour in ATL. I said without a doubt, and was really stoked on this show, because Rational Anthem are awesome people and I really like the Ackleys, which is the other band two of the girls from PS Eliot play in.

Anyway, 141 got shut down by the cops, so we moved the show to this new Art Space called WonderRoot. So the show was going to be Rational Anthem, PS Eliot, and my band Die Benny. I show up at the venue around 8:00, the show is suppose to start around 9:30. The touring bands had gotten their earlier and were just hanging around, so I start getting everything set up with the dude who runs the space. Now, one thing about Atlanta is that no one shows up till late, which sometimes sucks when shows promptly start at 9:30, but there is always a decent turnout by the shows start and a great turnout by the nights end, but eitherway, NO ONE is going to be hanging out at the venue an hour and a half before the show starts. But anyway, I'm sitting around getting shit figured out with people and one of the girls from PS Eliot comes up to us and says their bass player has legal troubles and that they had to go back to Birmingham and sort everything out so they can go on the rest of their tour the text day. They were very apologetic, but, as soon as they told us that story, they quickly left. This struck us all as very odd, because, it was 8:00 at night, and they said they had to get to Charlotte from Birmingham the next day, so no one was really sure what legal troubles they were going to have figured out in less than a day. But then, my buddy Shawn shows up.

I tell him about PS Eliot's weird story, and he tells me that they simply just thought the show was going to suck, and that they left, and that they were staying at the same place he was staying tonight, and were currently hanging out with his friends. This is a credible story, because he use to live in Birmingham and knows those girls. So, basically, they bailed on a show because they were there early and there wasnt a good turnout yet.

The show ended up going really well with a great turnout, and I was really pumped that Rational Anthem got both bands cut of the door, but it was still a bummer that PS Eliot bailed because they thought the show was going to suck. Shawn was going to called them and tell them to come back, because the show turned out awesome, but I told him not to, and that I didnt want them back.

So, thats my story. I've had to deal with some shitty people, but this really bummed me out. So, if you do shows, you might want to think twice about working with PS Eliot. Or just make sure 150 people show up beforehand so they'll stick around.

If you do shows, maybe post some shitty bands that other people will know not to work with? Sorry if there is already a thread like that around here.

pretty funny considering they left their bassist stranded in Grand Rapids Michigan a few days ago...and she's been staying at my friends place ever since trying to figure out how to get home.

Jesus fucking Christ, what's the story behind that one?

My friend Marty did a show with them recently. I didn't catch the show. Or maybe I was at the show, but I didn't catch their set. Either way, there was no drama that I am aware of.

that sucks. i saw them sometime last year or maybe it was this year. anyway...they had the cutest girl i've ever seen playing bass for them. i don't think she's in the band anymore.

Do you mean cause she's in Michigan with Justin's friend? Probably a different bassist, but if not, that'd be kind of funny.

i had this happen on tour once, the other guys called and said the show was cancelled.

the story is ( i was taking a nap ) that a few of the guys i was with went over to the neighborhood the show was in, and as they were walking down the street heard the misfits blasting super super loud. so they get in front of this house, and they see this shirtless dude smokin a j blasting the misfits.

"hey is the show still happening?"

"do you want there to be a show?"

"yes"

"cool, i'll call a couple of people, we'll get a keg, come back at 7."

"awesome...hey...where should we park our van?"

at this point the guy picks up a traffic cone. walks over to the street, and sets it in an empty spot on the side of the street. talk about service, seriously.

free food, free beer, free 3 hour trashed walk across pittsburgh...

i won't divulge who the band was that bailed, cause only one dude in that band ever gave us trouble.

Guest genericinsight

A band that unfortunately seemed like really swell and awesome dudes (at least to me) gave a friend of mine trouble when he booked them, they didn't want to play first because in their mind, there weren't enough people there.

Another band who I'm friends with and am a big fan of, also had trouble with some other friends when they booked them.

I'm not saying who either of these bands are because I don't want to start shit and board drama... let's just leave it at that.

I'm starting to think the only way to deal with bands and not get bad stories is just don't book shows. Which unfortunately is sometimes the only way to deal.