Metal Blade Slayer Re-releases

For real? I spent long enough on the fucking one-sheets...oh well.

Yea that sucks. The one sheets looked good tho :)

You work for MB? That's awesome. I met up with Sarah (Metal Blade Canada) while I was in Toronto, and picked up an internship with her for a couple months doing Myspace design/maintenance, and now that I'm home I'm doing freelance stuff...still doing Myspace work, and now one-sheets for Canadian distribution. Not sure if the Slayer vinyl one-sheets were different than the US ones though. You probably saw somebody else's. Whoever does one-sheets for the US branch does a fucking awesome job...

There was a very recent repress of "Live undead/Haunting the chapel", released just a few months ago - 500 red and 500 blue copies. Not very impressed by the sound quality, to be honest.

But every Slayer album from "Show no Mercy" to "Seasons in the Abyss" should be very ease to pick up secondhand, if you don't care about the specific pressing.

"Decade of Aggression" is a bit harder to find, and "Divine Intervention" came out when vinyl sales and pressing were almost nonexistent. The hardest one to come by is "Undisputed Attitude", only released as a double 10" - 2000 copies numbered on the back of the sleeve. Very nicely done...and an extremely underrated release.

Metal Blade Records to release classic SLAYER

albums on colored/blood splattered vinyl.

Available for the first time in North America,

SLAYER colored vinyl re-issues of the first four

official SLAYER albums originally released

by METAL BLADE RECORDS. SLAYER continues

to be a keystone artist in METAL BLADE RECORDS’

vast catalog. Year in and year out HELL AWAITS

and SHOW NO MERCY, in particular, endure as

staples in every metalhead’s collection, and now,

along with LIVE UNDEAD and HAUNTING THE CHAPEL,

are available for the first time in unique “blood” splattered

color vinyl! These are a must for all collectors

and will be available August 5th 2008.

-Hell Awaits - gold w/ red splatters

-Show No Mercy - red w/ black splatters

-Haunting the Chapel - clear w/ red splatters

-Live Undead - silver w/ red splatters

for sure cancelled? anybody confirm this?

Yea that sucks. The one sheets looked good tho :)

You work for MB? That's awesome. I met up with Sarah (Metal Blade Canada) while I was in Toronto, and picked up an internship with her for a couple months doing Myspace design/maintenance, and now that I'm home I'm doing freelance stuff...still doing Myspace work, and now one-sheets for Canadian distribution. Not sure if the Slayer vinyl one-sheets were different than the US ones though. You probably saw somebody else's. Whoever does one-sheets for the US branch does a fucking awesome job...

I dont work for Metal Blade but Im a buyer for retail and we buy just about everything Metal Blade puts out. My rep for the distro we get Metal Blade stuff from told me these were canceled tho.

I dont work for Metal Blade but Im a buyer for retail and we buy just about everything Metal Blade puts out. My rep for the distro we get Metal Blade stuff from told me these were canceled tho.

Oh word...well I'll e-mail around and try and get a confirmation...

The hardest one to come by is "Undisputed Attitude", only released as a double 10" - 2000 copies numbered on the back of the sleeve. Very nicely done...and an extremely underrated release.

I have the Criminally Insane 7" red with the iron cross. Now that's hard to come by. I may be selling it soon actually.

Of course there are several singles, promos and such that are less common, but if you're interested in getting all regular Slayer album releases on vinyl, then "Undisputed Attitude" is the holy grail, as only one pressing was ever made.

But there's still a couple of thousand copies of the iron cross red "Criminally Insane" 7".

Of course there are several singles, promos and such that are less common, but if you're interested in getting all regular Slayer album releases on vinyl, then "Undisputed Attitude" is the holy grail, as only one pressing was ever made.

i never knew that Undisputed Attitude was considered a holy grail. I've got the double 10" of that and the red vinyl press of Divine Intervention.

But there's still a couple of thousand copies of the iron cross red "Criminally Insane" 7".

Are you sure? I thought it was in the low hundreds with the actual iron cross wall hanger and chain package?

I'm trying to dig up some info to back it up, but it's definitely more than in the low hundreds. It wasn't that hard to pick up, when it was released. The trouble is finding a copy in acceptable condition.