the Ghost/Honor System Vinyl Releases

Figured a lot of you doods would be into this...

Finally, after months of trying to get in touch with the label that released both of The Ghost's records (Some Records) we finally got approval for vinyl re-releases. Solidarity Recordings, a startup label out of San Diego, will be putting out both This Is A Hospital and This Pen Is A Weapon in 2009 on 12' format. They'll also be re-releasing both Hanalei (my solo jams) albums on vinyl. The label's first vinyl re-release, a reissue of The Honor System's "Single File", drops soon. If you missed out on that band while they were still together I highly recommend checking them out in hindsight. Plus, the record includes retrospective liner notes from Chris from The Lawrence Arms, Mike Park, and myself.

The label's myspace can be found here:

www. myspace. com/solidarityrecordings

Randy also used a web archiver and found remnants of The Ghost's website.

Go back to the future here (enter in theghostband. com):

Finally, peep that Olehole shit. The debut joint drops in late August. Tour dates are coming in the Fall.

www. myspace. com/pronouncedolayholay

I agree, but the Rise and Run songs were fucking killer live, they just didn't translate perfectly in the studio.

Paper Idols = favorite Honor System song

I think Rise and Run would have been more popular if they wouldn't have pretty much called it quits right after it came out.

i agree, though it was more complicated as of why they stopped playing...the drummer had to move away to deal with some family stuff that isn't quite what I wanna go throwing around on a messageboard.

Paper Idols = favorite Honor System song

I think Rise and Run would have been more popular if they wouldn't have pretty much called it quits right after it came out.

i agree, though it was more complicated as of why they stopped playing...the drummer had to move away to deal with some family stuff that isn't quite what I wanna go throwing around on a messageboard.

Yeah, i knew he had some family issues, but I never really heard the full story or what the outcome was.

I also heard that Dan lives in Seattle now? Not sure if that is true or not. Chris was trying to open a studio the last time I talked to him about four years ago.

Yeah, i knew he had some family issues, but I never really heard the full story or what the outcome was.

I also heard that Dan lives in Seattle now? Not sure if that is true or not. Chris was trying to open a studio the last time I talked to him about four years ago.

Dan just moved back recently and I'm pretty sure Chris scrapped the studio idea when is partner bailed on him. Last I saw Chris, he said him and Dan were doing construction work together...talking about doing a new band together too.

my thoughts and how exicted i am about these releases,

honor system

single file - amazing record, fucking amazing record

rise and run - my preorder poster(cardboard) came wicked bent and i was bummed....

but the record was pretty rad, wierd that 50% of the songs were about pills though...

the ghost

hospital - amazing record

pen - alittle to crazy for me, but it's still good

in closing,

i was at the fest a couple years ago, and it was really early in the morning and i was at this dudes house. having a beer and pretty much stumbling drunk. i was sitting on a porch and there were 2-3 other kids i didn't know. turns out one of the kids was in the ghost ages before. i told him that "home is where the heart is, mine is scattered by miles and time" was one of my favorite lines of all time from a song...he looked at me and told me he wrote that song. it was pretty rad.