found a cat....having trouble. help?

so im walking home to my own apartment, minding my own business when all of a sudden a sweet little cat comes walking around the corner. being the good samaritian i am i tracked it down and went looking for its owner...with no luck. so i call the number on the tag and i get a very upset parent wondering why im calling this number at 1130pm. after info was traded i learned it was their daughters cat whom she loves dearly. i called the daughter and her phone is off...and her parents dont know her apartment number.

basically im stuck with this cat that i dont want (my gf is allergic) but now that i called her and her parents i cant let it go because id feel like a dick when they come around looking for it.

anything i should know about a cat that might help me until the owner gets her lazy ass over here?

thanks

update: its just shit....ugh

If you have some tuna, put it on a plate for it and put out a bowl of water. Otherwise, there's not much else besides being sweet to it.

ronnies right...there aint much to cats other than they shit in a box and love fish...maybe go buy a small thing ot kitty litter and put it in a shoebox for it to crap in....that'll make your life a bit easier when cleanig up after it...but fish + kitty litter = all you really need to know in this case.

alright thanks everyone... i went to the store and bought some tuna which the cat ate right away and gave it some milk in a plate but since ive never watched a cat before i called it a saucer because i thought itd be cool to say milk in a saucer. the owners called me thismorning and its gone now.... my fish and turtle are safe lol. thanks again