Looking for Record Mailers

Guest scriptedrain

Guest scriptedrain

Thanks for the Indy Boxes rec. Do you line them with bubble wrap or something else? Just looking for recommendations.

I get the mailers, and stiffners for 12" the whole take the record out the jacket thing.

I put the stiffeners on either side of the LP and bubble wrap the whole thing (sandwich) then put er in the mailer.

lining the box with bubblwrap would be extremely difficult.

If there's extra space in the mailer I usually toss an old magazine or something in there to keep it tight.

You don't really need bubblewrap, but it looks better to the customer.

For 7's usually just bubblewrap and the box will suffice fine.

Guest scriptedrain

Thanks for the help! One last thing, when you say take the record out of the jacket, do you leave it in the sleeve, just not in the "artwork"?

dustin its all good to reuse mailers. people on this board do it all the time. Honestly even if I got a reused mailer from a distro or label I wouldn't care as long as my record is protected. Some labels send their shit in just manilla envelopes and my records always come with bent corners and shit. I would much rather them reuse mailers or even make cheap mailers themselves then send them like that.

Guest scriptedrain
Some labels send their shit in just manilla envelopes and my records always come with bent corners and shit. I would much rather them reuse mailers or even make cheap mailers themselves then send them like that.

Good point.

Thanks for the help! One last thing, when you say take the record out of the jacket, do you leave it in the sleeve, just not in the "artwork"?

Yes, deffinitely leave it in the white dust sleeve, but outside of the jacket, but still inside the poly bag.

If it's a thick 4mm or up bag, I will sometimes stick the cardboard stiffeners inside the poly bag, on either side of the record and jacket. Or use an extra polybag.

Basically you'd just want to try to package it, where it wouldn't get damaged if you dropped it from a tall building or something.

I would deffinitely re-use mailers. I don't because of being a label, and trying to look "businesslike" But I even write on the inside of our mailers "recycle me please". Good way to cut cost, and save on waste! ;)

man, I've got so many of these in my bedroom right now.

I'd give them away for s + hif I had ANY idea how to mail this shit.

this recently came up for me and as i was thinking on how to mail it, i was thinking that maybe it'd work if i folded the small flaps in, and then tape the long flaps together so it's rectangular-ish shaped (like <> but not as pointy), and then wrap it up so it's covered. i'd throw a few cd's in so i could try and ship media mail. i haven't done this because i didn't end up selling them, but i think it might work..

is it "cheap" to reuse mailers?

I wanna get back one I've sent one of these days. Just by luck it would be neat.

Is it wrong to use manilla for 7"s if the record itself is bubble wrapped and a cardboard piece on front and back? I do that all the time and never an issue.

the label im talking about doesnt use bubble wrap or cardboard just th envelope

Guest scriptedrain
man, I've got so many of these in my bedroom right now.

I'd give them away for s + hif I had ANY idea how to mail this shit.

Figure it out? :)