Anyone know of any good stores in Columbus?

Guest kevinb

Guest kevinb

My girlfriend is heading back to school there to CCAD (Columbus Institute of ART & Desighn) wich is about 10 min from OSU and i usually head up there every weekend but i dont know the area that well. I know there are a few good record stores on high st. i should check out anyone know of any others??

Yeah. Used Kids!

It is one of my favorite stores ever. They have recently started selling a lot of the good stuff on ebay but there are still deals to have.

Magnolia Thunderpussy is also up there. But it is mostly new and somewhat overpriced.

Those are both on High Street. I am not sure of any others, but someone else probably knows of some.

Where do you live now?

Guest kevinb
Yeah. Used Kids!

It is one of my favorite stores ever. They have recently started selling a lot of the good stuff on ebay but there are still deals to have.

Magnolia Thunderpussy is also up there. But it is mostly new and somewhat overpriced.

Those are both on High Street. I am not sure of any others, but someone else probably knows of some.

Where do you live now?

do you what that Used kids store is near? i will definetly have to check it out... its on high street correct?

I live in Sandusky (aka where Cedar point is) and the closest thing i have to a store that carrys LP's is the hot topic lmao

It is on High Street.

It is like a couple blocks away from Urban Outfitters.

Right next to Wendy's.

It is right next to a place called Buckeye Donuts.

You should eat there. It is like a small local place.

Small menu, like gyros and chicken fingers.

Great food, great fries, incredible donuts. Pretty cheap.

Check it out.

Also, Used Kids is kind of hidden. It is upstairs and the entrance is set back a little bit.

Guest kevinb

oh shit man sounds excellent.. yeah i; have to check out buckeye donuts i know exactly where thats at theres so much sweet stuff on high street. thanks for the info!

dude your in luck, we have a ton of shops.

Used Kids is great. They have always sold a ton of eBay, you can pick anything up in the store you buy of the bay cause they are nice.

www.usedkids.com

Lost Weekend Records is also great. You may have missed this one. It's up in Clintonville area.

http://www.lostweekendrecords.com/

Magnolia Thunderpussy is in the short north down by Skullys / Bodega / Surly Girl so I bet you have heard of it.

Johnny Go's is also on High, farther down toward short north.

Singing dog, also on High, expensive but good rap section and old collectible LPs

If you like jam band stuff check out Ace In The Hole

aceintheholemusic.com

LP selection is all used, hit or miss dollar stuff.

Roots Records if you want a fix of your reggae, again on high street, by King Ave.

Collens Collectibles - 1476 Oakland Park Ave - They run quarterly record shows so check them out.

and if your interested in going ons around town www.donewaiting.com is your friend, or columbusunderground.com

Yeah sour closed about 12 months ago to do eBay only. It's too bad cause it really was a nice shop, you couldn't call it a indie shop or a punk shop, just had good stuff in general from all genres. The owner was a real nice guy too, he was actually a weekly customer and purchased the store from the original owner when he was ready to move on.