so Im thinking of selling my collection.

devilstrombone

I am thinking of selling my collection. I know its not the best but every record in here means the world to me. I dont know if its the booze talking but something is telling me I wasted my time collecting. I may feel differently in the morning depending on any offers I get on any of the records. PM me with offers if you see anything you like.

Guest falloutcollapse

Dude, you're just having a rough night. There's been plenty of rough nights (sans alcohol) where I wanted to quit too. And if you choose to, that's totally up to you. But if I were you, I'd give everything a little healing time before I go off and sell the whole kit-and-kabootle.

maybe you need a little more variety in your collection.

I'm not shit talking, believe me. But a vast record collection is easy to enjoy.

He has a good start going, at least its not one of those I own 300 records by 6 bands and only own 20 different albums collections. But yes, good point, the more you got, the more you'll want to listen to.

he does have a good start!

-keep going and make it fun again by getting into LOCAL bands and labels.

-scour used bins in record stores

-make some awesome trades with people. you've definetely got good trade fodder.

i think once you stop "collecting" you will be ok.

people get sick/bored of "collecting" records. its much more rare that people just decide to give up their music collection.

if you buy the records for the music, and love them. buy them from bands on tour so they mean something, local stuff as mentioned etc, it means so much more.

plus its cheaper because you can pick up used stuff, and overlooked stuff for cheap, and you can get 10 records you like for the price of a single hype record you may already own on another color.

this is not a personal attack at all, or even personal. sort of just a general thing to anyone into records.

if you need money, or are sick of "keeping up" sell off variants, or whatever, and take that money and do something fun, and get back to the basics as to why you listen to records in the first place.