setting your alarm for middle of the night ebay...

I'm going to help you guys out in a huge way...

I haven't bid on anything myself (unless it's a Buy It Now) since I found this :

auctionsniper.com

You just add shit to your Watch list and then you import them into Auction Sniper, put your max price in, and it will bid at the last few seconds for you. You do nothing else. The best shit ever. You get a bunch of free snipes, and you pay like 25 cents for them after that. I think I've paid $5 in the past two years for more snipes.

As a thanks you can put my email address ([email protected]) as the referral so I can get more free snipes.

You see my karma? It's in the negative b/c I told everyone I tried to snipe.

Be prepared.

People are silly. If you want to actually win auctions on eBay, it's the only way to do it. I was sick of bidding on something and getting outbid in the last 30 seconds for 50 cents. I found this and haven't looked back. Most times I don't win because the records go for far more than I was willing to pay.

yah, registering for classes at 6am sucked big time. glad all thats over.

You can't register online?

to make it fair to the two people on campus that didnt have computers, online registration was closed during non-office hours. plus the more credits you had the sooner you could start. each tier opened around 6am.

I don't buy into the whole "winning" aspect of eBay. It sheds a false light on what you're actually buying. I think people are more likely to spend MORE money because the feel like they are "winning" something. I view it in my head shopping on Black Friday and you're fighting someone over the last [iNSERT_HOT_NEW_CHILD'S_TOY].

I always set my maximum bid on the day I search for something. If someone bids higher, then they perceived the product had more value than I did and they deserve to make the purchase.