Lookout! Records info?

So I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to get pressing info for stuff put out on Lookout! Records. Seeing as how most all my favorite bands were on this label I spend way too much time looking around (usually unsuccessfully) for info regarding pressing information for the records I purchase. The only thing I have ever gotten lucky with is finding info on other peoples lists and hoping they are right. Any info would be great. Thanks!

deadformat.net

I would love to use deadformat for the info however the bands I am looking for most of the time have no info on them there...

the donnas, the lookouts and groovie ghoulies are all good examples. also there is no pressing info for any of the green day records that were released on Lookout! so it seems that deadformat is not the place to go for lookout! info.

finding numbers for lookout stuff is a pretty futile endeavor. its tough enough to even know what all colors certain records were pressed on (and which pressings those colors turned up in). and then there's the one-offs, like the Slappy ep on white livermore ebay'd a few months back (shit went for a grand too! yikes!).

All there records were printed on financially in the "red" vinyl.

+1 for making me laugh.

Dick Lucas told me all about the money problems and the fact that Lookout! owe them a shit load of money. Sucks, because they had some real decent bands.

diddo

The current owner Chris Appelgren is a huge fucking dick. We picked up a couple of the lookout bands after their demise. They owe thousands and thousands of dollars to one of our bands. And he did all the bankruptsy stuff and apparant legal loopholes or whatever that he doesn't really have to pay the money he owes I think.

We threatened him with letters from lawyers, phone calls, e mails, everything we could. It's a losing battle.

Lookout is a huge reason that so many of their bands broke up right after them. They left the bands broke, disheartened with the music industry, and just emotionally and monetarily drained.

With the exception of the lucky few, most bands left lookout more broke than they were when they went in.

I have a sincere fucking hatred for post 96 lookout

Read the article, called "Kerplunk..The Rise and Fall of Lookout Records" great long, detailed pseudo investigation and essay on what really happened.

This is a good site for Green Day pressing info:

www.greendaydiscography.com

thanks! that site is great for them. Looks as though pressing #s are pretty much impossible to get for lookout records because this site is super complete and most of them have no number,but I am way impressed with all the color info that is something I have trouble with for other bands for sure. I got extra excited when I saw the lookouts on there too but it doesn't have the numbers for them and I did know about colors for them :(

At least I know to not kill myself looking anymore ;)