Joe the Plumber

I agree with that, in fact Michael Moore wrote basically that same thing in his book "Dude, Where's My Country?" However, wealth re-distribution is silly and not needed. People who make more should contribute more but to equate that with wealth distribution is silly. Like it or not most people who make a ton, earned it. I think they deserve to live a nice rich life.

Yes, but the reality is a fair amount of people are hard working, able people who don't have the same opportunities for advancement and/or the skills considered most valued. So it's fair to say that some of them earned it and deserve, but that does not discount others who are weighted with burdens they can not afford.

Sure but at some point you work with the lot you were dealt like everyone else. I mean Obama seems to have done just fine and he didn't exactly have an ideal start. If you make college more accessible I think you can cut to almost non-existent the people who don't have the ability to gain skills other's fine valuable. I still say you can't just give people money via wealth distribution, you have to make them earn it. Communism doesn't work in practice and at its core that's what wealth distribution really is. If you're not happy with your lot, go back to school. If that seems to hard well then I guess you didn't want it that much.

Yes, but the reality is a fair amount of people are hard working, able people who don't have the same opportunities for advancement and/or the skills considered most valued. So it's fair to say that some of them earned it and deserve, but that does not discount others who are weighted with burdens they can not afford.

Sure but at some point you work with the lot you were dealt like everyone else. I mean Obama seems to have done just fine and he didn't exactly have an ideal start. If you make college more accessible I think you can cut to almost non-existent the people who don't have the ability to gain skills other's fine valuable. I still say you can't just give people money via wealth distribution, you have to make them earn it. Communism doesn't work in practice and at its core that's what wealth distribution really is. If you're not happy with your lot, go back to school. If that seems to hard well then I guess you didn't want it that much.

Yes, all of life's answers await us in college.

And how else would you have people obtain skills and move up in their life? Magic? Jeebus fucking put away the shit attitude. No one should be given anything. They should be provided opportunities not handouts. Honest opportunities. The playing field should be even not titled toward anyone.

And how else would you have people obtain skills and move up in their life? Magic? Jeebus fucking put away the shit attitude. No one should be given anything. They should be provided opportunities not handouts. Honest opportunities. The playing field should be even not titled toward anyone.

The problem is your idea of an America with honest opportunities for hard workers is just as much a myth as successful communism.

The problem is your idea of an America with honest opportunities for hard workers is just as much a myth as successful communism.

Exactly, communism doesn't work, nor does capitalism. Not everyone can better themselves, it is logically impossible in a capitalist/democratic environment. Both are predicated on the notion of there being losers, so what about the losers? I don't believe in handouts. My family has been on both sides of the class spectrum. When I was born we were on welfare, when I was 10-15 we were wealthy (to a degree), now we're somewhere towards the lower end of the middle give or take. My point is not everyone can take the oppurtunities, not everyone can be a college graduate. Somebody has to pick fruit, somebody has to wrap my burgers, somebody has to ring me up, etc. I believe in redistribution of wealth (To an extent, I am not talking handouts or give aways either) because of this reality and because of the vast gap in pay between those at the top and those at the bottom. It is a myth to think we can all be successful, the world is interconnected and as long as we create hierarchies, which I believe are inevitable in structured social system, then there is a need to close the gap. It is a myth to think that any social structure can solve of the world's ills, whether it comes from Marx, McCain, Obama, Smith, or even Bernie Sanders.

Guest baseball
the tax obama wants to have is upon families and individuals who make over $250,000, no where does it say businesses. at least, not what I recall. So if his business makes over $250,000... i dont think he's got anything to worry about.

I think it does apply to businesses as well. The thing is that something like 90% of small businesses are not worth more than $250,000 a year.

This shouldn't be that big an issue, it doesn't even affect the vast majority of Americans.