Cool way to display vinyl

Why on earth would you let vinyl sit out on a shelf? They are called DUST SLEEVES for a reason.

Yeah and what's this I've been hearing about people playing their records too!? What the hell is wrong with you people? You'd probably send someone a letter with one of those upside down airplane stamps too. Jeez.

did you just diss somebody with an inverted jenny reference?

i didn't think it could be done...

In the early days of the board, someone posted a picture of a little ledge they made that said "Now Playing," mounted above their turntable on the wall. That was pretty sweet.

This actually sounds cool. I don't have a place to put the jacket of the album I'm listening to, so I may actually do this.

Everything else mentioned in this thread seems pretty dumb to me.

I've actually thought about the whole dust issue and I'm going to get the vinyl bags (make sure they are acid free) or some other sort of way to seal the record from the elements and then hang them from the ledge underneath and have the actual sleeve on the shelf with the hot glue bead to prevent it from sliding forward and falling.