Ebay asshole, what to do?

thomas

So a few weeks back I got a copy of Braid - Age of Octeen in the mail and it came warped, guy offered me a refund to send it back and today I get this message;

"Hey.

I got the record in the mail two days ago. I've already written

ebay with suggestions on how to proceed and they've suggested

that we try our best to work it out.

The sleeve now has a tear across the top of it at least three

inches long. I know that was not there when I shipped the

record. I also notice the warp that you mentioned. I find it hard

to believe that I missed that while listing the item. I'm not

suggesting that you did either. Maybe the warp occurred during

shipping the first time and maybe the tear occurred during

shipping this last time. I don't know. I was prepared to refund

you the full amount, but I can't accept this item now in worse

condition. I'm suggesting that I refund you $19.50 which is half

the cost of the record plus the original shipping charge and half

of the most recent shipping cost."

What should I do? I shipped it outside the sleeve, so usps really fucked it up good I guess. It seems shitty to only give me half a refund for a split seem.

he seems pretty reasonable and rational to me..

He's saying it wasn't warped when he sent it (so that could be the fault of the USPS) in which case it's tough shit for you, unfortunately. And same for him, since he didn't ask for insurance to send it back, the tear is tough shit for him.

I'd take the 1/2 refund, opt for insurance (or at least convey how well you'd like it packed) next time, and buy it when Polyvinly eventually represses it.

Even if the seller provided pics, that doesn't necessarily prove he didn't just tear the cover so that he wouldn't be out the full cost. I'm not saying it wasn't the shipping that did it, but I'm not sure pictures would prove much.

I'm thinking the guy is full of shit.

He may or may not be, but I'm just thinking getting pictures wouldn't prove too much in the case of a tear.

Was that three inch tear not there originally? Demand pics of everything.

i would definitely ask for pictures. if you have pictures before you returned it i would show him as proof you didnt fuck it up more. if he said he would refund you before shipping it back its kind of dicky of him not to hold up his end of the bargin for damage you didnt cause.

I just took the half refund. I had no pictures of the jacket before I shipped it back to prove I did not fuck it up. No matter what I do it will be a long and draw out process and I don't have the patience for it right now. I'm done with ebay for a bit I think, only because I've had problems with the last few things I've bought.

this is why i use my amex card for all online stuff. if bullshit like this happens i call them up, explain the situation or problem and they usually credit my account of remove the charge from my account. its much easier than filing ebay or paypal claims because amex does all the dirty work for you.

Yeah my dad did this with his chase card. He got a fish tank off a seller, and they forgot to secure the bottom so it arrived shattered and the place went out of business so chase some how got him his money back.