Dredg LP?

ok...so you are (kinda) wrong...they have released vinyl.

kinda.

they have the bug eyes single, with a b-side off catch without arms. i have an extra copy...if ya want it make an offer.

as for anything being released...they signed a deal with the devil...unlimited recording budget, no need to recoup costs, no real control over what gets released. maybe one day. @ least they have a killer live show. ive seen em about 7 times...and im going again in nov...

the "Bug Eyes" 7" is your only bet for now. and the b-side is NOT off of 'Catch Without Arms'. it is infact a b-side. "Stationary Transient". they were my pick for vinyl boxset. Interscope owns their ass, it would probably be a single label vinyl offering if it ever happened. i'm still crossing my fingers.

• 2 weeks later...

Scott:

(with no segue at all) So I know that a lot of fans have wanted to see a vinyl release of something, el cielo, Leitmotif, Catch Without Arms. Do you guys think that this album might come out on vinyl?

Drew:

Yeah, I mean, it's up to us, you know? I mean, it's just if we want to make it or not at this point and I think we all do, so. I don't know if we'll release it right away but I think we'll make some vinyl for this one. For sure. I mean, we're not on Interscope, we're on ILG, which is an independent label group, so we basically have the freedom to do whatever we want.

Scott:

-laughs- You're getting ahead of me in my questions!

Drew:

Ha. I don't think we'll be seeing el cielo or Catch on vinyl. Interscope still owns the rights to those. It'd be hard to get them to make vinyl of those. But Leitmotif might come out. That's our CD, so, we might put that out on vinyl.

http://thehyp.net/writings/index.php?wtyp=interview&id=14

bah. interscope should be cashing in on the vinyl train like every other label. did dredg forget that interscope reissued leitmotif or something? doesn't that mean they own that album now too? are they really not apart of interscope anymore? when did they switch? very interesting.

there's always hope that interscope would license it to the right label....it's a longshot but a nice thought.