Beck - Modern Guilt LP

I know this has been out for a while, but I've been thinking about what it says here on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Guilt-Vinyl-Beck/dp/B001B92ET4

Apparently the digital download that comes with the LP is sourced from the vinyl? Did anyone buy this yet and can you confirm this?

they are actually recorded from the record. as in you can hear the needle drop. its a little strange, and kind of annoying to hear before walls (the first track on the b side), but they sound pretty good. and this album is really good.

i'm not doubting that the mp3s are sourced from the vinyl. i'm just saying that a compressed file is still a compressed file no matter where the original source was from which makes the "sourced from vinyl" gimmick kind of pointless.

Well, assuming the mp3s are sourced from the vinyl, though compressed, they should be mastered a little better. Not so "loud" as the CD and digital versions. I've purchased the digital version. Does anyone want to be a peach and PM a link to download this "vinyl sourced" mp3 version? I'd really like to hear it and just can't quite fit buying the LP in to my budget at the moment.