for all you Jawbreaker fans

Guest abravemorning

Surely you understand the desire to complete a collection. You ARE a member here. Your opinion of the band is noted.

I understand the desire to complete a collection... sometimes it's just not worth it. Especially for something so marginal.

I agree. Sometimes you gotta know when to throw in the towel. Dropping $400 on a crappy record for the sake of a "complete collection" is ridiculous.

I understand the desire to complete a collection... sometimes it's just not worth it. Especially for something so marginal.

I agree. Sometimes you gotta know when to throw in the towel. Dropping $400 on a crappy record for the sake of a "complete collection" is ridiculous.

I have to agree, unfortunately. That's a big part of the reason I won't ever pay more than about $40-50 for the Alkaline Trio 7" from their Halloween and New Year's shows. And those actually are pretty good.

Is ANY record really worth $400? If it was the band's finest performance ever and was put together by Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab would you then think it was worth $400?

I think we all have different thresholds for the point at which we say "that's ridiculous". I'm cheap so I'm thinking $30 is tops for me. To each his/her own.

Is ANY record really worth $400? If it was the band's finest performance ever and was put together by Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab would you then think it was worth $400?

I think we all have different thresholds for the point at which we say "that's ridiculous". I'm cheap so I'm thinking $30 is tops for me. To each his/her own.

I think a record which contains amazing music that is unavailable anywhere else and is extremely hard to find is worth $400.

If it's available on cd for $15 and is pretty blah... I don't think so.

I couldn't drop $400 for my own collection, but there are a couple titles that Mobile Fidelity released that if I could get for $400 I'd jump at the chance just to flip them on ebay.

But yeah, you're right.

I think a record which contains amazing music that is unavailable anywhere else and is extremely hard to find is worth $400.

That is why my brother bought this album years ago. He couldn't stand the idea of a live Jawbreaker album being out there and not being able to hear it. He couldn't sleep. So to him all those years ago $200 was worth it to him. But now with the internet and people ripping rare stuff to FLAC and putting it on private torrent trackers even the most rare recordings are accessible. That makes much harder to swallow spending big bucks on a record. Killer packaging is what gets me to spend a bit more than usual. The packaging on The Oceans-Precambrian sounds pretty sweet and I can't wait to see pictures of how it turns out.

That is why my brother bought this album years ago. He couldn't stand the idea of a live Jawbreaker album being out there and not being able to hear it. He couldn't sleep. So to him all those years ago $200 was worth it to him. But now with the internet and people ripping rare stuff to FLAC and putting it on private torrent trackers even the most rare recordings are accessible. That makes much harder to swallow spending big bucks on a record. Killer packaging is what gets me to spend a bit more than usual. The packaging on The Oceans-Precambrian sounds pretty sweet and I can't wait to see pictures of how it turns out.

He could have saved $185 and bought it on cd. ;)

He could have saved $185 and bought it on cd. ;)

It didn't exist. That was why I made the point about it being a rare recording.

Came out on vinyl first and wasn't announced that it would be put onto CD until later.