Sweeet find at ye olde record store tonight!

Guest noeffinidea

Guest noeffinidea
Dunno if there are many Red Hot Chili Peppers fans floating around the board. Personally, they are one of my favorite all-time bands (Frusciante is my single biggest musical influence), and was super stoked to find this about 2 hours ago!

RHCP - Out in L.A. SEALED!!!!!

[image]

This is annoying enough to find on CD in most places, but a fricken sealed vinyl copy...amazing! Got it for only $9.99....I feel bad for these people who trade in rare stuff like this and get $5 for it without knowing their value at all.

This is like the fourth time int he past year I've taken a random trip over to Vinyl Fever here in Tampa and found something super rare:

1. About 6 months ago: Good Riddance - Ballads from the Revolution (blue; purchased for $5.99)

2. About 3 months ago: Propagandhi - Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes (red; purchased for $14.99)

3. About a month ago: The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin 2xLP (paid $5.99), Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain original pressing with 7" (paid $7.99), Tortoise - Millions Now Living Will Never Die (paid $6.99)

4. Tonight: Chili Peppers - Out In L.A. (paid $9.99)

Sometimes I really think it's worth it to make a daily trip there to see if any sweet shit got randomly traded in...ya really never know.

FUCK YEAH vinyl fev rules man! i've gotten many great scores there (jawbox s/t for $4.99, rival schools LP for $5.99, TONS more stuff...)

i gotta roll up there and restock the Kiss of Death section, thanks for reminding me!

That would be bitchin' Eric. The KOD section is definitely looking a little thin...they haven't ordered/gotten in any of the new new stuff like Shaking Hands, Garbage Fairies, etc.

Guest noeffinidea

I don't know how widely available it is. I know for sure that it's not in print anymore, and like I said, even the CD of this album isn't widely available. Just couldn't believe I found a copy of this sealed...considering it's just about 15 years old.

I'm really jealous that you have a record store nearby that prices things that cheap.

My local store seems to use ebay as their price gauge. Desaparecidos for $60, sealed copy of Vs. $50, etc.

Kinda deflates any excitement about finding something sweet when you see stuff like that on the price tag...

Guest noeffinidea
have any chili peppers albums been repressed?

As far as I know, Simply Vinyl did 180 gram re-issues of the S/T, Uplift Mofo Party Plan, Freakey Stylee, and I THINK Mother's Milk. However, I think they were only released in Europe, because I have never seen them anywhere in the States.

Blood Sugar, Out In LA, One Hot Minute, Californication, and By The Way are all out of print as of right now, however, I have seen a few copies of By The Way left over in a few record stores so you may be able to find that. As for Stadium Arcadium, I don't know what the deal is with that. I believe the European deluxe version is OOP, but you can still find that US version easily.

Hope that helps!

have any chili peppers albums been repressed?

As far as I know, Simply Vinyl did 180 gram re-issues of the S/T, Uplift Mofo Party Plan, Freakey Stylee, and I THINK Mother's Milk. However, I think they were only released in Europe, because I have never seen them anywhere in the States.

Blood Sugar, Out In LA, One Hot Minute, Californication, and By The Way are all out of print as of right now, however, I have seen a few copies of By The Way left over in a few record stores so you may be able to find that. As for Stadium Arcadium, I don't know what the deal is with that. I believe the European deluxe version is OOP, but you can still find that US version easily.

Hope that helps!

definitely helps, thanks!