Sweeet find at ye olde record store tonight!

Guest noeffinidea

Guest noeffinidea

Dunno if there are many Red Hot Chili Peppers fans floating around the board. Personally, they are one of my favorite all-time bands (Frusciante is my single biggest musical influence), and was super stoked to find this about 2 hours ago!

RHCP - Out in L.A. SEALED!!!!!

[image]

This is annoying enough to find on CD in most places, but a fricken sealed vinyl copy...amazing! Got it for only $9.99....I feel bad for these people who trade in rare stuff like this and get $5 for it without knowing their value at all.

This is like the fourth time int he past year I've taken a random trip over to Vinyl Fever here in Tampa and found something super rare:

1. About 6 months ago: Good Riddance - Ballads from the Revolution (blue; purchased for $5.99)

2. About 3 months ago: Propagandhi - Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes (red; purchased for $14.99)

3. About a month ago: The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin 2xLP (paid $5.99), Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain original pressing with 7" (paid $7.99), Tortoise - Millions Now Living Will Never Die (paid $6.99)

4. Tonight: Chili Peppers - Out In L.A. (paid $9.99)

Sometimes I really think it's worth it to make a daily trip there to see if any sweet shit got randomly traded in...ya really never know.

1. About 6 months ago: Good Riddance - Ballads from the Revolution (blue; purchased for $5.99)

well damn, you madeout on that deal... Oh well im still happy with our trade.

Thats an awesome score on the RHCP... Oakland should be stoked for you.

EDIT: im really looking forward to going home for the holidays so i can hit that store up. last time i was there i got a GLA - sink or swim on white and red for $12.00 but i guess it wasnt too rare back then.

Dunno if there are many Red Hot Chili Peppers fans floating around the board. Personally, they are one of my favorite all-time bands (Frusciante is my single biggest musical influence), and was super stoked to find this about 2 hours ago!

This is annoying enough to find on CD in most places, but a fricken sealed vinyl copy...amazing! Got it for only $9.99....I feel bad for these people who trade in rare stuff like this and get $5 for it without knowing their value at all.

This is like the fourth time int he past year I've taken a random trip over to Vinyl Fever here in Tampa and found something super rare:

2. About 3 months ago: Propagandhi - Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes (red; purchased for $14.99)

3. About a month ago: The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin 2xLP (paid $5.99), Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain original pressing with 7" (paid $7.99), Tortoise - Millions Now Living Will Never Die (paid $6.99)

Sometimes I really think it's worth it to make a daily trip there to see if any sweet shit got randomly traded in...ya really never know.

Do you have a list? I'd love to see your RHCP collection.

Guest noeffinidea

Hey man, I got a tradelist, but unfortunately the only Chili Peppers I have on vinyl are Californication 2xLP 180 gram and this Out in L.A. I would love to own all of their stuff on vinyl, but unfortunately most of it aside from Stadium Arcadium and By the Way is pretty tough to find or just plan expensive.

Hey man, I got a tradelist, but unfortunately the only Chili Peppers I have on vinyl are Californication 2xLP 180 gram and this Out in L.A. I would love to own all of their stuff on vinyl, but unfortunately most of it aside from Stadium Arcadium and By the Way is pretty tough to find or just plan expensive.

there's a freaky styley at an old record shop around here.

Guest noeffinidea

Dayum, if you can grab that for me I will gladly paypal ya! Let me know!

Dayum, if you can grab that for me I will gladly paypal ya! Let me know!

I'll try to make it out this week/weekend. Hopefully it's still there. The guy in charge prices records either real cheap or really expensive. I'll let you know if i can find it.

i make a trip to ameoba berkeley every wed b/c i work up the street.

best, and only so far, find was nofx-decline on clear for $4.99

i kept waiting for someone to stop me before i got out the door. and i paid w/ trade credit.

i don't think will be topped though (by me, i mean).

i did get a 1st press dwarves-blood guts and pussy on red vinyl at ameoba LA for under 15 bucks a long time ago.

Guest noeffinidea
that and those other records you mentioned are awesome finds.

Today's Empires on red is one record that I want kinda bad.

I really couldn't believe it when I found it, especially knowing how much it generally sells for and how sought after it is. I ended up getting some realllly sweet ass records for it. I believe it was on this board, regardless, I traded that Propagandhi on red for: Chuck Ragan - Feast or Famine (cokebottle clear/179), The Loved Ones - Build and Burn (Tour press/100), and the Planes Mistaken For Stars - Up In Them Guts (Test Press with record release show cover/hand #'d 163/200). Pretty damn good deal if ya ask me!

I found As the Eternal Cowboy on pink this week for $12. I usually try to make it to the record store every monday or tuesday as they put out the majority of the records they gotten on those days.

Which one do you go to? I typically hit up Wayward Council when I can

I go to Hyde and Zeke's weekly. I find something new that I want pretty much every time I go there. Plus the prices are great. Most used records, which is all I get, are $5-$10 unless it's something that he knows he can get a lot more for, and even then the prices aren't bad.

Wayward is decent. They've definitely beefed up in the last few months. There's just not really a lot of new stuff coming out that I listen to and 95% of their stuff if new. However a couple months ago I did find a Modest Mouse bootleg there for $10, and it typically sells for around $200-$300. For the most part though they don't get in much new stuff so I only go once a month or so.

That's one hell of a record store you have there. It must be fun to know there's always a chance of making a find. But I think you're crazy to mention the actual store name on this message board. No offense.

There's a cool second hand store in my city where in the past I've picked up the following:

Hey Mercedes - self titled EP (£6)

The Movielife - This Time Next (blue /750) (£10)

Rival Schools - United by Fate (£10)

27 - Songs From the Edge of the Wing (clear) (£9)

Picked up a lot more from there but those are my higlights.

Guest noeffinidea
Well there are only like 3 record stores in the tampa/st. pete area (i believe), and I for one have never found anything at vinyl fever. Mojo's is pretty promising though. Just wish they would seperate the classic rock records from the newish records.

Yeah Mojo recently expanded both their new and used vinyl sections. I'm starting to enjoy going there more than Vinyl Fever (this is partly due to the owner of VF and I not getting along [for some reason he has had something against me since I was once an employee there), but I digress. Mojo's prices are way cheaper than VF and they keep ALL of their new stuff and used stuff seperate...unlike the Fever where the new section is mixed in with used stuff.

Anyone in the Tampa area know any other decent record stores besides Mojo and VF?? I know about both Sound Exchanges (N. Tampa and Brandon), however, they carry primarily used stuff and I've never really found anything at either of the stores aside from a copy of Gunmoll - Board of Rejection on gold a few months back.

[image]

FUCK YEAH vinyl fev rules man! i've gotten many great scores there (jawbox s/t for $4.99, rival schools LP for $5.99, TONS more stuff...)

i gotta roll up there and restock the Kiss of Death section, thanks for reminding me!