New Puppy!

Well... I don't really know how to start a thread like this, but in short, we've just got a brand new puppy! A 6 month old beagle is waiting at home for me! Some backstory:

I've been away from home for the last 4 months in Ottawa on a coop term (I go to the University of Waterloo). Our dog of 8 years passed away in the summer of 07' and I guess my parents have really wanted a new dog ever since. Fast forward to earlier this week:

I am sitting at work when I get a text message from my mom which simply says "woof woof". I had no idea what she was talking about, so I decided not to respond. A get a text a few minutes later that says "Snoopy". I finally decide to respond and say "What are you talking about?" She finally replies, we just got a new puppy! I literally jumped out of my office chair in excitement. I guess my parents and my two brothers went to the SPCA the other day and were just kinda there doing some "research" on dogs and they saw this one, and it was an instant connection apparently.

They decided to take it for a walk on the SPCA grounds in Hamilton and instantly fell in love with him, so they decided to purchase it. Luckily they did it when they did because another couple was on their way back to the SPCA to pick the dog up themselves. The story is that the puppy was abandoned with its sister and they were picked up sleeping on top of one another by some random person in Hamilton, who promptly dropped them off at the SPCA. The sister was picked up the day before our new dog was. Anyways, I'm still in Ottawa for another week (my term is done on the 19th) so I'm incredibly excited to meet my new dog! By the way, the dog's name is Brodie in case anyone was curious. Here are some pics:

[image]

[image]

[image]

The 19th can't come soon enough.

Guest xsteponmex

congrats and it's always funny getting texts from my mom she will randomly just be like "et phone home i love you and miss you"

moms are so fucking cute.

I'm all for fun and games on this board but was that pic from the Marley & Me thread really necessary when Paul is sharing his excitement over a new puppy?

Gotta have a little more class than that.

I think this is the last place to be looking for class. To be fair to Pete Wentz, someone had to do it.