chiefwahoo WINS OHIOPRIDE/FPR CONTEST

chaps

Guest genericinsight
Kyle, send me my hoodie so I can rock it when I go to Syracuse on New Year's Day and then possibly confuse everyone into thinking I'm from Rochester.

...and then I'll wear it again when I see Caleb on the 4th down here and thus be an even bigger nerd than I already am.

TH, PPP is literally the only thing I've been listening to for the last two days. Thank you Farewell Party for penetrating my ears with such delightful ear candy. That wasn't sarcasm.

I'm going to hopefully get it out asap, I will more thank likely be in cuse on new years day not sure yet. Are you going to the albany show on the 5th?

Nah, just the 4th in Brooklyn. I've yet to go to Albany for a show, maybe one day that will be rectified. If you go to the New Year's Cuse show, let me know so I don't end up standing next to you in the back of the Westcott not realizing it's you again. We need to have a proper meeting.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest genericinsight

TH, PPP is literally the only thing I've been listening to for the last two days. Thank you Farewell Party for penetrating my ears with such delightful ear candy. That wasn't sarcasm.

Two days? Try two months! Doesn't get any less awesome, either!

Well I haven't had access to the record for two months so :P

Orders Shipped on monday. 1st Review Up from ALTERTHEPRESS.COM

"This EP does exactly what it says on the tin. New York based five-piece, Caleb Lionheart have stepped out of their notorious basement shows and produced 6 track which take the Pop-punk melodies of bands such as Blink 182 and blend them with fast-paced riffs of This Is Hell and The Movielife.

"Adrenaline" kicks off the EP with a bang with a combination of standard punk beat, raw guitar riffs and rebellious lyrics. A theme that continues with "Home" a heavy and speedy track with a chorus that quickly becomes memorable.

Gang vocals are used at the start of "Vultures", a track that see's the band becoming quite angry, whilst at the same time questioning their future. A key point of the track is the bridge, where standard sing-a-long "Hey-oh-oh-oh" vocals are used and bring the it alive.

Next is a quickie, "Keep Time, Lose Track" is one minute and seventeen seconds of fast-paced through and through punk rock. It has all the chateristics; fast beat, raw guitars and gang vocals.

The final two tracks of perfect example of who Caleb Lionheart are. Both "Rules of Attraction" and "The Circus We've Become" are 3 minute wonders of rough punk rock with subtle pop-punk chateristics; you can't be a pop-punk and not have a song about romance.

Caleb Lionheart are small raw band with loads of energy and potential. They have a good blend of catchy songs which have a rough force behind them. "Think Hardcore, Play Pop Punk" will take Caleb Lionheart out of their basement and beyond.

4/5

"Think Hardcore, Play Pop Punk" by Caleb Lionheart is available now through Farewell Party Records."

AMAZING VC BOARD CONTEST COMING NEXT WEEK. TRUST ME YOU'LL BE STOKED.