Awesome Games Workshop score! (super-nerd content)

My brother is big into playing Warhammer 40K and I just recently got a couple kits myself and have had a lot of fun building/painting the models. I'm not crazy about it like he is, but it's a fun hobby to do a bit of... So tonight we were at Games Workshop and he was buying a couple things when the dude who works there opened a brown box and asked "who plays 40K?" and this dude is like "Me!" and he just handed him a kit out of the box. I figured he was just letting people get dibs on a box of new stuff they got in, but then he does it a couple more times. Then he looks at my brother and me and asks if we had ever played the classic version and we're like "No" so he just goes "Now you do!" and handed us $215 worth of model kits for free. I was so shocked! I wish I was a little more into the game, but I'm still pretty excited.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

I know where you're coming from. My biggest thing is money. Even when I have the money to buy stuff it doesn't always seem like it makes sense to spend it, even though it ends up being a great value for how much time it occupies. Also, it won't show the image, but I got a trebuchet, as well.

started playing warhammer and 40k when i was like 9 years old. i havent since high school, but some of my best memories are of hanging out with friends in middle/high school, listening to punk/hardcore and playing warhammer. I've got boxes of OG boxed sets still at my dad's place in boston, along with like 5 massive armies. like two years ago i went into a games workshop and it looked like the new editions of both 40k and warhammer were way lame compared to how they used to be. Also if anyone ever played mordheim? was a great side game for sure.

i wanted to play warhammed like 6 years ago when the local comic shop then, that was all they did there it seemed like. place was full of dudes painting lead figures and playing with rulers. then i got to looking at the kits and anything decent was over $100. fuck that. i stuck to heroclix and tcg's then. only mini game i became obsessed with was Dreamblade last year, but WOTC killed it. such a fun game too.